CrazyFlie cfheadless on CubieTruck Running Xen problems

Post here to get support
skentzos
Beginner

CrazyFlie cfheadless on CubieTruck Running Xen problems

Post by skentzos »

I am trying to run the Crazyflie on a Cubietruck using the cfheadless application. I get the following error no matter what I do (with or without the radio/xbox360 controller connected):

Code: Select all

mirage@cubietruck:~/crazyflie-clients-python/bin$ sudo python ./cfheadless -u radio://0/80/250K -i xbox360_mode1 -x
Info: Using config path:  /home/mirage/crazyflie-clients-python/lib/../conf
Info: sys.path= ['/home/mirage/crazyflie-clients-python/lib', '/home/mirage/crazyflie-clients-python/lib/../conf', '/home/mirage/crazyflie-clients-python/bin', '/usr/lib/python2.7', '/usr/lib/python2.7/plat-arm-linux-gnueabihf', '/usr/lib/python2.7/lib-tk', '/usr/lib/python2.7/lib-old', '/usr/lib/python2.7/lib-dynload', '/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages', '/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages']
Disabling standard output for libraries!
INFO:cfclient.utils.config:Dist config read from /home/mirage/crazyflie-clients-python/lib/cfclient/configs/config.json
INFO:cfclient.utils.input:Using device blacklist [(VirtualBox|VMware)]
INFO:cfclient.utils.config_manager:Parsing [PS3_Mode_3.json]
INFO:cfclient.utils.config_manager:Parsing [xbox360_mode1.json]
INFO:cfclient.utils.config_manager:Parsing [PS4_Mode_1.json]
INFO:cfclient.utils.config_manager:Parsing [Joystick.json]
INFO:cfclient.utils.config_manager:Parsing [Generic_OS_X.json]
INFO:cfclient.utils.config_manager:Parsing [PS3_Mode_2.json]
INFO:cfclient.utils.config_manager:Parsing [PS3_Mode_1.json]
INFO:cfclient.utils.config_manager:Parsing [PS4_shoulder_btns_yaw.json]
INFO:cfclient.utils.config_manager:Parsing [PS4_Mode_2.json]
No input-device connected, exiting!
I have verified that the Crazyflie cfclient and cfheadless runs in a Ubuntu VM, a laptop running Ubuntu, and a laptop running Xen with a Ubuntu OS. It all works very well with the Crazyflie. So...I think that there might be some libraries missing in the minimal Ubuntu install on the Cubietruck, but I am not sure. It appears that the OS has loaded the radio and xbox 360 controller drivers in the Cubietruck by checking dmesg and lsusb -v.

And, I am using a powered USB hub since the Cubietruck did not have enough power to power the Cubieradio PA and xbox 360 controller.

Any ideas on debugging that might help me figure this out? I'm thinking that I will just install ubuntu instead of Xen, but it seems that this is a desperate test since I have confirmed that the Crazyflie works with linux alone and with the Xen hypervisor as ubuntu as a Xen virtual machine (and a ubuntu VM on Windows).

Thanks and best regards!