[SOLVED]ESKY Transmitter

Post here to get support
tobias
Bitcraze

Re: ESKY Transmitter

Post by tobias »

I don't think the FrSky will work as it uses a different radio modulation.
TheFrog4u
Expert

Post by TheFrog4u »

@jared just tested your software changes and have to say: AWSOME! :) With the esky and your changes its SO MUCH EASIER to control the cf (however I already got used to using the ps3 ctrl..

Thanx very much! :)
foosel
Expert

Post by foosel »

Possible stupid question but: What do I have to do for the CF and the TX to communicate with each other? Flashed the ESKY-enabled firmware (I think) but nothing happens when I power up the CF while the TX is on (and vice versa... and at the same time)

EDIT: Never mind... I forgot a

Code: Select all

make clean
before the

Code: Select all

make USE_ESKYLINK=1 CLOAD=1 all

Now it's working -- but I really really suck at it ;)
Also: AR.Drone 2.0 (RC-enabled thanks to self-soldered MiruMod) and Hubsan X4 H107
foosel
Expert

Post by foosel »

FYI, I added a Wiki page on how to get this to work.
Also: AR.Drone 2.0 (RC-enabled thanks to self-soldered MiruMod) and Hubsan X4 H107
marcus
Bitcraze

Post by marcus »

foosel wrote:FYI, I added a Wiki page on how to get this to work.
Great! :D
foosel
Expert

Post by foosel »

After getting used to it some more I currently don't want to fly with the PC client anymore - that thing now is (after some trimming and me changing the TX from Mode 2 to 1) undescribably stable but off into space at a flick of the wrist, purely awesome.

Will have to play around with the values where jared started, thanks again for that, great work!
smiler

Post by smiler »

I got my ESKY transmitter yesterday and I gotta say that it's much easier to control the flie with it although the defaults are very sluggish, especially the throttle. Jodells patch makes it much better (however I for one am increasing the roll/pitch rate). Great work!
zak
Beginner

Post by zak »

Just in case anyone is looking to buy one of these controllers, I've had better luck when searching for the part number (000989) rather than 'ET6i'. I found one for £30 including shipping to Australia from Nitrotek which seems pretty good if you can't find (or aren't patient enough to wait for) a second-hand one.

EDIT: Just after posting this, I got an email from Nitrotek asking for an extra £17 in shipping fees (I've asked for a refund and they've agreed). If you're not in the UK, it might be worth emailing them to ask for shipping costs before ordering.
smiler

Post by smiler »

zak wrote:Just in case anyone is looking to buy one of these controllers, I've had better luck when searching for the part number (000989) rather than 'ET6i'. I found one for £30 including shipping to Australia from Nitrotek which seems pretty good if you can't find (or aren't patient enough to wait for) a second-hand one.

EDIT: Just after posting this, I got an email from Nitrotek asking for an extra £17 in shipping fees (I've asked for a refund and they've agreed). If you're not in the UK, it might be worth emailing them to ask for shipping costs before ordering.
On a related note, you shouldn't need that specific model. Any 2.4GHz ESKY transmitter should work as they (from what I've read) use the same electronics and protocols in all of them.
foosel
Expert

Post by foosel »

You'll need those with the "Spread Spectrum Technology" -- I think they use other chipsets as well, not just the NRF2401L+. Anything that's described as being compatible with a Honey Bee King 3 (I think that was it...) should work, is my understanding.