Confused Newbie

Post here to get support
dins
Beginner

Re: Confused Newbie

Post by dins »

Many thanks Tobias

I have checked the Motors = they all sound the same,

I have balanced the Props using nail varnish = all evenly balsnced.

I have exchanged the rear motors with those on the front = No change, so that would rule out the bent motor axis.

The CF2 insists on flying backwards - I put the pitch far forwards - I can't stabilise it. It shoots all over the place, then crashes.

I have experimented with the Pitch and Roll Trims, and I have noticed that they change on their own:

After a 5 second flight the Pitch changed from 0 to -1, the flight before that it changed to -2.
Attachments
Untitled.tiff
Untitled.tiff (117.75 KiB) Viewed 3071 times
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

Most likely a hardware problem then, sent you a PM.
jhshoun
Beginner

Post by jhshoun »

I'm also relatively new to CF and have started looking at programming the client and firmware. I'm not sure if I should jump in here or post on the developer forum.

The mention of blocking 3 motors to check the remaining one is something that I've wanted to add to the client somewhere. I've looked at the commander protocol and that doesn't seem to support this type of static testing.

My question is where would be the best place to insert this?
-- add a new port to the firmware to support the testing?
-- create a new crtp to manange the communications?
-- or is there some place else that would be more logical?

john
Durham, NC, US
arnaud
Bitcraze

Post by arnaud »

Hi John,

Yes for this kind of things next time you should create a new thread in developer forum :).

Having a test mode for the motor sounds like a good idea. As this a 'slow' functionality the easiest is to implement it with PARAM, There is already a "motors" log group in stabilizer.c (https://github.com/bitcraze/crazyflie2- ... ory.c#L172) so there could also be a param group with:
- motors.testMode: if at '0' the motors are driven by the stabilizer, if at '1' they are driven by the param values
- motors.m1, motors.m2, motors.m3, motors.m4, 16 bit unsigned int values to set the motors in test mode

If you implement it we will gladly accept the pull request! :D
chad
Expert

Post by chad »

dins wrote:Hi there

Iv'e recently purchased a CF2 - I set it up to work on a PC - windows 7 with a Crazyradio PA - installed the Virtual Box and Bitcraze VM 0.6

I'm using Logitech Gamepad F310 to fly it, set to Generic_OS_X
Could the problem simply be that you're using a Mac OS X controller mapping on Windows for your gamepad?
Crazyflier - my CF journal...
4x Crazyflie Nano (1.0) 10-DOF + NeoPixel Ring mod.
3x Crazyflie 2.0 + Qi Charger and LED Decks.
Raspberry Pi Ground Control.
Mac OS X Dev Environment.
Walkera Devo7e, ESky ET6I, PS3 and iOS Controllers.