[SOLVED] Crazyflie 2.0 and Crazyradio PA issues

Post here to get support
mdenton
Beginner

[SOLVED] Crazyflie 2.0 and Crazyradio PA issues

Post by mdenton »

Hi,

I recently received my Crazyflie 2 and various other parts including the Crazyradio PA.

After building my crazyflie the first thing I tried was to install the Crazyflie Client to test the setup.

The Crazyflie boots up OK, and when I click quick connect I can connect to the Crazyflie, however, the connection is very intermittent and usually drops out very soon after connection. Also it only really works when the crazyflie is within 30cm of the crazyradio. I presume this is not the correct operational behaviour, but not sure what I should try next.

I have had the Crazyflie working on my iphone, and it seemed to be working correctly.

regards

Matt.
tobias
Bitcraze

Re: Crazyflie 2.0 and Crazyradio PA issues

Post by tobias »

As a first thing I would test if the antenna is the problem. You can start by testing without the antenna and if you still get the 30cm that is where the problem is.
Greensprings

Post by Greensprings »

did you install the driver for usb radio
mdenton
Beginner

Post by mdenton »

Hi,

I'll try without the antenna. I also have another antenna that I can use to test/eliminate this possibility.

Yes I installed the Crazyradio PA driver.
mdenton
Beginner

Post by mdenton »

Ok, with antenna removed the issue got worse, as expected, also tried a new antenna but same results. However. I notice when I click connect and then scan, I see something like the following:

radio:/0//48/250K
radio:/0//77/250K
radio:/0//80/250K

sometimes I get 2 or 4 items listed, so I randomly selected the last one "radio:/0//80/250K" and the link was behaving as I would expect.

So what is this list and what does in mean? I presume quick connect simply selects the first item in the list? If I do the same then I get the same lin issues.
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

Then I think I know what the problem is. The other URI found then radio:/0//80/250K are "shadow" channels due to some aliasing affect in the radio chip. Make sure to connect to the correct one radio:/0//80/250K and it should work fine.
mdenton
Beginner

Post by mdenton »

Hi,

So I always get multiple channels, but not always /0//80/250K, so how do I know which one is the correct one?
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

As default the boards are at channel 80 and 250kbit but can be changed using the configuration dialog.
mdenton
Beginner

Post by mdenton »

Hi

Changing to 1M seemed to get rid of all the ghost channels. Thanks.
qubitter
Beginner

Re: [SOLVED] Crazyflie 2.0 and Crazyradio PA issues

Post by qubitter »

I sometimes get the ghost images, but if I hit Rescan, I get just one.