CrazyFlie 2.0 doesn't boot or charge

Post here to get support
yjusot
Beginner

CrazyFlie 2.0 doesn't boot or charge

Post by yjusot »

Hello

I used my CrazyFlie 2.0 since 2 weeks now.
And suddenly, the drone doesn't want to charge anymore.

When I plug the usb cable, only the M2 Led fully lit (Blue).
With or without battery plug in, same result: only M2 blue Led fully lit.
I can't charge the battery.
I have several batteries (crazyFlie2 batteries) and tested with different ones: same result.
I also tested several USB cable, without success.

Board is clean. No big crash or shock on the board...
I really don't understand.

Any idea?
Is there a way to reset the Drone?
Can I send it back to Bitcraze for a board control?

Thanks a lot,
Yves
tobias
Bitcraze

Re: CrazyFlie 2.0 doesn't boot or charge

Post by tobias »

Hi Yves,

Do you have access to a multimeter? If so please measure the VCC voltage when you have powered on the board. If you look at the bottom side of the board you will find VCC and GND markings on one of the expansion ports. Use those to measure. It should read ~3.0V.

Also see if you can start the board in bootloader mode by holding the power button starting it for 3 seconds until the M2 led starts to blink. Check if M3 led also starts to blink then.
yjusot
Beginner

Post by yjusot »

Hi Tobias,

Thanks for your reply.

Between VCC and GND, I read only 1.75 Volts...
I can not start in bootloader, pressing the on-off button 3 secs, changes nothing. Only M2 led is full lit.
What can I do now?
Can I resend for a control?

Thanks,
Yves
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

I've sent you a PM Yves.
schodge
Beginner

Post by schodge »

I'm also getting a solid blue on M2 only. VCC measured is 3V. I can boot into the bootloader, and have tried reflashing this several times using the client, both OTA and wired, and still it won't boot or do aything other than this single solid light.

Thanks,
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

So when you start it in bootloader mode do both blue led blink? If so I'm guessing there is something wrong with the firmware you are trying to flash and not something wrong with the hardware. I guess you have tried the latest released one?
schodge
Beginner

Post by schodge »

Correct. I thought I was flashing the latest. I'm going to try off an RPi and see if the results are different.
muhamriaz4
Beginner

Post by muhamriaz4 »

Hey. My crazyflie 2.0 only has M2 blinking. No other LED is open. Its not operating at all even after putting it on charge. In addition to that, I am trying to press the power button to at least switch it off but nothing is happening. I just can't get the crazyflie turn on and get the M2 blue light to stop blinking.
Please help if possible. thanks.
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

Can you please give us some more information of how it happened. Did you happen to flash new firmware to it? Sounds like it might get stuck in the bootloader or that the power button has shorted.
xavigisbeg
Beginner

Post by xavigisbeg »

tobias wrote:Can you please give us some more information of how it happened. Did you happen to flash new firmware to it? Sounds like it might get stuck in the bootloader or that the power button has shorted.
I have the same problem as muhamriaz4 in my Crazyflie 2.0, with the LED 2 blinking at about 3-4Hz and with my Crazyradio PA (firmware 0.53) connecting to my other crazyflies successfully using the VM cfclient, the Bootloader -> Coldboot, I just get "Trying to connect cold bootloader, restart the Crazyflie to connect" and then "Could not connect to bootloader".
If I try to browse the firmware files I just downloaded, the Verify and Program are still unavailable. So I still haven't flashed any firmware on it, but if you indicate how, I can try to see which firmware comes with them in the other devices.

Also, the android client experimental bootloader tells me also to check if a Crazyradio PA is connected, when it is. If i try this with the VM on or off (to check if it is related to it being busy or not initialized.

Can I take it out of bootloader mode? Am I successfully in bootloader mode?

EDIT: I found the mistake I was doing, to get the crazyflie into bootloader mode I have to press the power button LESS than 3s, otherwise it boots into firmware mode. Unplugging the battery and following the procedure properly I could boot into bootloader and flash successfully. I hope this helps someone :D