Too many packets lost

Post here to get support
smiler

Too many packets lost

Post by smiler »

I keep loosing control of the unit and getting these messages from the client before, usually before I reach even a minute of uninterrupted flight. I have the client running under both OSX and Windows and from what I can tell (no hard statistics) the problem is more frequent under OSX. I've yet to try it under Linux.

I've been messing around a bit with the radio parameters and increasing the bitrate seems to make it a bit better. Are there any other tweaks I should try?
marcus
Bitcraze

Re: Too many packets lost

Post by marcus »

Hi,

You could also try to change the channel. This will especially help if you have a wifi operating on the same range as the Crazyflie radio.

The same goes for the speed. If you set it to 250kbit/s you will get good range outside but inside (where there are normally wifi/bluetooth and other 2.4 GHz stuff) the reception/range might actually become worse. Since the rate is lower the data spends longer time in the air which increases the probability of interference. Then changing the speed to 1Mbit/s or 2Mbit/s will give better results.

A good way to get visual feedback is to look at the LEDs on the Crazyradio. For every successful packet the green LED will blink and for every unsuccessful packet the red LED will blink. We are working on getting the indicator in the UI a bit better (see this issue)

There are plans to implement channel (and even speed) hopping in the future, but as always the number of plans are greater than the amount of time :cry:

/Marcus
smiler

Post by smiler »

Thanks for the info. Is this info on the wiki somewhere? Otherwise I'll add it to some page. (On a related note I've just updated the OSX installation instructions, hopefully making them better.)
marcus
Bitcraze

Post by marcus »

Hi,
smiler wrote:Thanks for the info. Is this info on the wiki somewhere? Otherwise I'll add it to some page. (On a related note I've just updated the OSX installation instructions, hopefully making them better.)
Thanks for updating the OSX instructions! Since we don't have access to a Mac we need some help when it comes to OSX.

It would be great if you wanted to add it to the wiki. Not sure where though, maybe the troubleshooting page?

/Marcus
skube

Post by skube »

smiler wrote:(On a related note I've just updated the OSX installation instructions, hopefully making them better.)
Yes, thanks smiler! I didn't know what I was doing and I'm glad you kept the Homebrew method instructions.
Crazyflie Nano 10-DOF | AR Drone v1 | MikroKopter Okto