does I2C support over clocking ??

Post here to get support
Raghavendra Sriram
Beginner

does I2C support over clocking ??

Post by Raghavendra Sriram »

I'm trying to connect a thermal sensor onto my crazyflie 2.0 but not sure if it supports any over clocking. Also I'd like to know how exactly do I read data from the i2c bus on my comp. I'm a newbie and not very proficient with this just yet. Any help?? Can I get it in the cfclient ? Or read it via some program like teraterm ?
Greensprings

Re: does I2C support over clocking ??

Post by Greensprings »

Why do you need temp, are you going to fly into a volcano?
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

The pressure sensor actually already contain a temp sensor. The problem is that the board temperature rises quite a bit when it is on. One solution is to find out how much it rises and calibrate for that or to make the board use less power (less heat) by setting the STM32 CPU frequency lower (requires some firmware changes and adaptations)

The temp data you can plot in the cfclient by making a new log configuration with baro->temp.
Raghavendra Sriram
Beginner

Post by Raghavendra Sriram »

Hahaha....not fly into a volcano but my research is in swarm and formation control. I'm trying to get them to fly up transmission lines and other structures looking for electrical faults etc.

I'm looking to identify external temperatures with a non contact thermal sensor.