roll pitch yaw calibration

Post here to get support
saketroongta
Beginner

roll pitch yaw calibration

Post by saketroongta »

Hey guys i am new to this thing . my flight data on the gui gives wrong output . i think gyro sensors are to calibrated again? anyone please help
arnaud
Bitcraze

Re: roll pitch yaw calibration

Post by arnaud »

Hi,

Can you precise what you mean by wrong output? Does the Crazyflie fly and what kind of output are you observing?
saketroongta
Beginner

Post by saketroongta »

on the crazyflie client we see flight data . that data is not correct even when i put the crazyflie on a flat surface . the output is way out the normal position
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

The gyros are automatically calibrated during start-up. The accelerometer isn't though but should normally be pretty level. Do you have a Crazyflie 1.0 or 2.0?

How much is the error? When you put it on a level surface what does the pitch and roll values say?
saketroongta
Beginner

Post by saketroongta »

i have crazyflie 2.0. the yaw , pitch and roll all show wrong output even when keep it on a flat surface
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

Can you please post how big the error is? What the roll and pitch actual values in the flight tab in the cfclient say?

What you can try is to put the CF2 on a level surface. Look at the actual output of the values in flight tab. Write these down and insert them in the Configure 2.0 dialog under pitch trim and roll trim values.
After a restart of the CF2 the actual roll/pitch values should now be close to zero.
oggy
Beginner

Post by oggy »

I'm having the same problem. After bootup on a flat surface the gui shows:-

pitch -4.57
roll -63.87
yaw -2.93

Is there a way to reset it? cause it was level at some point.
codeman
Beginner

Post by codeman »

I get similar values at random. How can we calibrate the gyros?
poizone

Post by poizone »

This looks similar to a few crazy values people have been posting that end up being IMU issues. Have you crashed much since you got it? Also, is there any drift other than yaw drift?

I also have to wonder if the IMU is getting a bit hot and causing the errors and loss of alignment. Perhaps they need a small heatsink because of the relatively small size of the copper planes decreasing heat dissipation.
One day our flies will drown out the sun in an autonomous Skynet of whirring motors and blinking lights.
codeman
Beginner

Post by codeman »

poizone wrote:This looks similar to a few crazy values people have been posting that end up being IMU issues. Have you crashed much since you got it? Also, is there any drift other than yaw drift?

I also have to wonder if the IMU is getting a bit hot and causing the errors and loss of alignment. Perhaps they need a small heatsink because of the relatively small size of the copper planes decreasing heat dissipation.
I fly it indoor only. Moreover, I'm using the propeller guard. If at all it drops while flying, it falls on the carpet. Yes, it shows big drift in roll and pitch. Something like -59.
I received it 4 days back, I though I would play during the weekend and bought a PS3 WL controller but I'm hardly able to fly it. just after a few seconds of flight after resetting, the gyros get crazy.