[SOLVED] Cannot connect after radio is selected in scan win

Post here to get support
16PooleN
Beginner

[SOLVED] Cannot connect after radio is selected in scan win

Post by 16PooleN »

I am trying to complete the electronic checkout prior to assembling my Crazyflie. I updated the bootloader from the cfclient, and the Crazyflie was detected and uploaded. However, when I try to connect after exiting the bootloader, the scan window is unreliable, sometimes detecting the radio after multiple clicks of "scan". When the radio is detected ("radio://0/10/250K"), and then I click "Connect", it gets stuck.

The messages in the client console window are:
INFO:cflib.crazyflie:Callback->Connection initialized[radio://0/10/250K]
INFO:cflib.crazyflie:We are connected[radio://0/10/250K], request connection setup
WARNING:cflib.crazyflie:Got link error callback [Dongle communication error (ackStatus==None)] in state [1]
INFO:cflib.crazyflie:Callback->Connected failed to [radio://0/10/250K]: Dongle communication error (ackStatus==None)
INFO:cflib.crazyflie:Callback->Connection initialized[]
INFO:cflib.crazyflie:We are connected[], request connection setup

The message at the top of the cfclient window is "Connecting to...". The message at the bottom of the cfclient window is "Loading device and configuration."

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
CrazyFlier2.0
Beginner

Re: Cannot connect after radio is selected in scan window

Post by CrazyFlier2.0 »

I have the same problem, running Windows 8 and using a USB 3.0 port. I am not using the Crazyradio, just straight USB connection. Just sits at 'connecting to...' If I get anywhere, I will let you know.
CrazyFlier2.0
Beginner

Post by CrazyFlier2.0 »

Try updating the install the latest PC-Client? You can download it from here: https://github.com/bitcraze/crazyflie-c ... n/releases and then running it in Administrator mode. Worked for me.
16PooleN
Beginner

Post by 16PooleN »

As suggested, I installed the latest PC-Client and ran it in Administrator mode (Windows 8.1). It still does not complete the connection, but the behavior is different:
- "Scan" still requires a couple attempts to discover the radio
- "Connect" now displays the following messages in the client console, but then gets stuck waiting for the connection to complete:
INFO:cflib.drivers.cfusb:Looking for devices....
INFO:cflib.crazyflie:We are connected[radio://0/10/250K], request connection setup
INFO:cflib.crazyflie:Callback->Connected to [radio://0/10/250K]
INFO:cflib.crazyflie.toc:TOC for port [5] found in cache
INFO:cflib.crazyflie:Log TOC finished updating
INFO:cflib.crazyflie.mem:Requesting number of memories

The cfclient window displays "Connecting to radio://0/10/250K... at the top, "Loading device and configuration" at the bottom of the window, and shows a link quality of 100%.

If I then try the connection again, a message box pops up with "Failed to connect on radio://0/10/250K: Dongle communication error (ackStatus==None).

Thanks for your help.
marcus
Bitcraze

Post by marcus »

16PooleN wrote:As suggested, I installed the latest PC-Client and ran it in Administrator mode (Windows 8.1). It still does not complete the connection, but the behavior is different:
- "Scan" still requires a couple attempts to discover the radio
- "Connect" now displays the following messages in the client console, but then gets stuck waiting for the connection to complete:
INFO:cflib.drivers.cfusb:Looking for devices....
INFO:cflib.crazyflie:Callback->Connected to [radio://0/10/250K]
INFO:cflib.crazyflie.toc:TOC for port [5] found in cache
INFO:cflib.crazyflie:Log TOC finished updating
INFO:cflib.crazyflie.mem:Requesting number of memories

The cfclient window displays "Connecting to radio://0/10/250K... at the top, "Loading device and configuration" at the bottom of the window, and shows a link quality of 100%.

If I then try the connection again, a message box pops up with "Failed to connect on radio://0/10/250K: Dongle communication error (ackStatus==None).

Thanks for your help.
Are you connecting to a Crazyflie 1.0 or 2.0? If it's a Crazyflie 1.0 then there's an issue that's reported here. If you have a Crazyflie 1.0 I would recommend either patching the code like in here or downgrading to this PC client version. We will fix this issue asap.
16PooleN
Beginner

Post by 16PooleN »

Downgraded to the old PC-client version. It works! Thanks for your help!
marcus
Bitcraze

Post by marcus »

No problem! We have fixed the issue and will be releasing a new version of the client soon that's compatible with both.