[SOLVED] Fix the build instructions

Post here to get support
uncommonman
Beginner

[SOLVED] Fix the build instructions

Post by uncommonman »

Fix the build instructions. Now they don't mention that the black and white wires should be switched on M2 and M4.

Step 8 says: Repeat step 2-7 for the rest of the arms M2, M3 and M4.

Which I did, and now I can't get my wires out again, so my Crazyflie is f-cked. Feels like sh-t to wait so long and then be screwed by bad instructions. The assembly movie mentions it, or I would never have known.

And yes, I've used a solder pump.
tobias
Bitcraze

Re: Fix the build instructions

Post by tobias »

You are not f-cked as long as you haven't burned the PCB which I don't think you have. You can heat up the solder in the hole from the top side to melt the solder and pull out or push in the wire. Have look at this post http://forum.bitcraze.se/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=83#p294

I have updated the assembly instructions to make it more clear.
Hope you manage to fix it!
atomicdog
Expert

Post by atomicdog »

The wires can be hard to remove when the iron doesn't get hot enough. Or when it can't transfer enough heat because the tip isn't clean.
One trick to help heat the hole is to apply a blob of solder to the tip of the iron. Then put the iron tip with the molten blob on the hole. This extra solder blob helps transfer the heat to the entire hole then you should be able to pull the wire out.
6-DOF CF | wireless xbox 360 controller
uncommonman
Beginner

Post by uncommonman »

I finally got the wires out - a process made really difficult by the tiny sensitive wires, the high temperature needed, the wish to only affect the two motors that need reversing and the overall small dimensions.

Good that you changed the instructions - it is one thing to have to fix one's own mistakes when not following instructions. It's something else entirely when one actually follows the instructions and ends up in a hole....