New crazyflie not turning on

Post here to get support
aruiz28
Beginner

New crazyflie not turning on

Post by aruiz28 »

I just received my crazyflie yesterday, after finishing assembly i attempt to power it on but nothing happens. When it is plugged in to the usb only the red and green leds come on. I have already charged it so the battery isn't dead.
whoenig
Expert

Re: New crazyflie not turning on

Post by whoenig »

Do the LEDs blink if you plug it in or light up steadily? Do the motors spin at all after you plug the usb in? Where did you buy the crazyflie?
aruiz28
Beginner

Post by aruiz28 »

The green light is steady, the red light blinks and the blue light doesn't come on at all. No, but three of the motors spin when the battery is connected. I purchased it at seeedstudio.com
whoenig
Expert

Post by whoenig »

Your LED status seems to be normal for the USB mode (see http://wiki.bitcraze.se/projects:crazyf ... uide:index for a list).
There might be something wrong with your 4th motor, but that should not prevent you from testing the sensors etc.
With "powering on" you mean that you gently press the little button on the flie?
aruiz28
Beginner

Post by aruiz28 »

Yes when pushing the power button nothing happens.
whoenig
Expert

Post by whoenig »

Can you try to connect to it using the bootloader, as described here: http://wiki.bitcraze.se/projects:crazyf ... bootloader ?
aruiz28
Beginner

Post by aruiz28 »

It won't connect to the bootloader because I can't get it to power on.
whoenig
Expert

Post by whoenig »

When do the motors spin then? This is actually a feature of the firmware which only happens during start-up. All motors are supposed to spin during power-up for about half a second.
Also check the connection to the motors (where you soldered the cables to the PCB) to make sure that you don't have a shortcut etc.
aruiz28
Beginner

Post by aruiz28 »

The motors spin when plugging in the battery, it seems that there are no shorts