[Crazyflie 2.1] Problem when flashing [SOLVED]

Post here to get support
Student
Beginner

[Crazyflie 2.1] Problem when flashing [SOLVED]

Post by Student »

Hey!

I have been setting up my Crazyflie in the past days, following the tutorials with success exactly as laid out in the Documentation. However, I am not able to flash my Crazyflie anymore. After putting in the command "make cload", I get the following console output:

Code: Select all

python3 -m cfloader flash cf2.bin stm32-fw
Restart the Crazyflie you want to bootload in the next 10 seconds...
Failed to flash: 'Bootloader' object has no attribute 'flash_full'
Furthermore, I can't seem to find 'flash_full' in the project, so I reckon it's part of an external library. However, I have no clue how to solve it as the error just came up out of nowhere.
Since flashing succeeded earlier, I tried to go back to an older commit from last week. Unfortunately, the same error appears.

Help is much appreciated. If there is any important information from my part missing, please let me know.
Thank you.
Last edited by Student on Mon May 03, 2021 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
jonasdn
Beginner

Re: [Crazyflie 2.1] Problem when flashing

Post by jonasdn »

Hi Student!

So the flash_fuill method is in the cflib library that we maintain (https://github.com/bitcraze/crazyflie-lib-python). It is only available on the master branch of this repository. And only the master branch of the client (https://github.com/bitcraze/crazyflie-clients-python) uses it.

Are you running the master branch of the client from source? In that case you might want to get the master branch of the cflib as well and install it using:

Code: Select all

pip3 install --user -e .
That should make it work, either that or make sure you use a tagged version of the client instead of the master branch.

All the best
Jonas
Student
Beginner

Re: [Crazyflie 2.1] Problem when flashing [SOLVED]

Post by Student »

Hey Jonas!

I installed the master branch of the cflib and it resolved the issue. Thank you very much!