[SOLVED] QTWEBKIT not found

Post here to get support
Mitteau
Expert

[SOLVED] QTWEBKIT not found

Post by Mitteau »

Hello everybody
I tried to install Marble software according to wiki https://wiki.bitcraze.io/misc:hacks:gps?s[]=marble
Cmake crashes: Qt QTWEBKIT library not found...
How can I proceed?
Jean-Claude
Last edited by Mitteau on Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mitteau
Expert

Re: QTWEBKIT not found

Post by Mitteau »

Hi
In last Qt version QtWebKit is replaced by QtWebEngine. See http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qtwebenginewidget ... guide.html
Jean-Claude
arnaud
Bitcraze

Re: [SOLVED] QTWEBKIT not found

Post by arnaud »

Hi Jean-Claude,
I do not think marble support is in the code anymore, we will look at removing the wiki page.

For QTWebEngine you are right. When we moved from Qt4 to Qt5 we disabled the GPS tab because we had a lot of problem maintaining it (it was slowing down the full GUI and at some point the map service we where using stopped providing maps ....) and it seemed that no-one was using it anyway.

To go forward I see two possible path:
- Going the html/javascript way by showing an openstreetmap map. I should be fairly easy but we need to find a reliable map tile source and it will require internet connection.
- Finding an offline map software like Marble. Back in the day the Marble python binding needed to be compiled manually. Maybe it is now stable or there is an equivalent we can use. This would allow offline map but seems much more complex to implement.

Ps. I just saw that the topic is marked as 'solved', did you manage to get the gps tab working?
Mitteau
Expert

Re: [SOLVED] QTWEBKIT not found

Post by Mitteau »

Hi Arnaud
Not yet solved concerning gps use.
But solved concerning QtWebKit and the transition toward Qt5.
GPS tab nearly ok using Openstreet and Leaflet script.
I am waiting to go on because I lack a fully functional board. Furthermore I had solder problems on my UBlox block.
I'll give further information when I will get better results. I need to be able to send NMEA commands to UBlox receiver. This needs some work on the client and on the firmware.
Yours
Jean-Claude