Getting started with Bolt and ESC Calibration [solved]

Discussions about quadcopters/multi-rotors
Johannes214
Beginner

Getting started with Bolt and ESC Calibration [solved]

Post by Johannes214 »

Hi.

I would like to calibrate ESCs with the bolt flight controller.
I have understood that I should somehow initiate a calibration command from the flight controller to the ESC. Then ESC will register maximum thrust from the controller (= maximum PWM value from bolt). Is there any way to do this kind of calibration with bolt?

My setup is similar to this post: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4474 but little bit smaller scale. I am using T motor Air 2216 880KW motor with Air 20A esc. https://store-en.tmotor.com/goods.php?id=727
In my setup ESC power is directly connected to the battery and only the motor signal wire (white) is connected to the ESCs.
Does that limit possible calibration options? I have BigQuad deck available if that can help with the ESC calibration.

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by Johannes214 on Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
tobias
Bitcraze

Re: Getting started with Bolt and ESC Calibration

Post by tobias »

I'm not so sure what firmware Air 20A is running. It says on the page it supports up to 500Hz which I guess is servo signal rate. You can use the motorPowerSet parameter to manually control the output servo signal. Check this post to get some ideas.
Johannes214
Beginner

Re: Getting started with Bolt and ESC Calibration

Post by Johannes214 »

Hi Tobias,

Thanks for the comment, I got the esc calibration started with motorPowerSet according your detailed comment here.