[SOLVED] Low output sent to M4 propeller.

Discussions about quadcopters/multi-rotors
hamakko
Beginner

[SOLVED] Low output sent to M4 propeller.

Post by hamakko »

I'm using a ps4 controller to fly crazyflie2.1.
I used to be able to fly perfectly.
However, from a month ago, the output sent to the M4 propeller suddenly decreased, and I could not fly it.
I tried replacing the motor, replacing the propeller, and multiple aircraft, but there was no effect. I can't fly it.
Probably not due to hardware...
Curiously, the output sent to the M3 propeller is weak when using a Mac computer. (Windows PCs have weak output sent to M4.)
I shouldn't have changed anything from when I was flying perfectly.

Please help. Thank you!
tobias
Bitcraze

Re: Low output sent to M4 propeller.

Post by tobias »

If it is the same on multiple CF2.1 then I would guess it is something with the control signal. Could it be something with the controller, that is does not read around zero when the sticks are centered?
hamakko
Beginner

Post by hamakko »

The position of the coordinates can be read. I tried multiple PS4 controllers. The button arrangement was also reviewed. But it didn't work. 
Some of the inputs that should come to M4 are in M2. M2 propeller rotation is strong.
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

There are some parameters you can sett to enable direct control of the motor drivers. Check parameter group motorPowerSet. Then set a value between 0-65535 for the motors m1-m4. By setting enable to 1 it will activate the direct control. This way you should be able to check that the motors are outputting roughly the same values.

Another thing you could try is the mobile client and check the behavior to rule out the controllers.
hamakko
Beginner

Post by hamakko »

I checked parameter group motorPowerSet. I was able to control each propeller directly. At that time, the M4 propeller rotated normally.

However, I haven't been able to fly normally using the PS4 controller.

I tried a mobile controller, but the M4 propeller did not rotate normally either. 
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

Then next thing to investigate is the IMU, does the roll, pitch and yaw seem reasonable?
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

Have you done a real flight test with the mobile client because if you hold the CF2.1 in your hand while testing the motors will try to level the CF2.1 but it can't since it is held. This might look like it is not working.

My suggestion is to boot the CF2.1 on a level surface. Then with the mobile client do a short thrust to get it if the ground. If the IMU and motors are good it should take off straight up.
hamakko
Beginner

Post by hamakko »

The IMU is functioning normally. 

I try to boot the CF2.1 on a level surface but it does not work.
As usual , the M4 propeller did not rotate normally.
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

Very strange, did you at some point trim the IMU by entering roll and pitch values in the firmware config dialog? Did you change the trim parameters in the cfclient flight tab? Have you tried with the latest released version?
hamakko
Beginner

Post by hamakko »

All Roll trim and Pitch Trim are set to 0.
I am trying with the latest release version.