Light or Buzzer

Discussions about quadcopters/multi-rotors
proplane64
Beginner

Light or Buzzer

Post by proplane64 »

Would love to simply attach a piezo buzzer or LED to my Cflie. The info for the LED Ring addon, etc. are too complicated. Anything for an idiot like me?
arnaud
Bitcraze

Re: Light or Buzzer

Post by arnaud »

What are you trying to achieve?

The official buzzer and LED ring deck are working pretty much out of the box. The buzzer will emit sounds with different event (ie. sensor calibrated, low battery, ...) and you can play 'tune' selected from the client. With the led ring you can change the light effect in the client. Both can be reprogrammed to do whatever you want.

If you are interested about soldering your own deck there is a hackster project describing how to make your won LED deck: https://www.hackster.io/evoggy/flying-t ... ght-8be87d.
proplane64
Beginner

Post by proplane64 »

I just want to add an LED of my own that turns on when the Cflie is powered on and off when it's off...
arnaud
Bitcraze

Post by arnaud »

Then the easiest would be to connect your LEDs between VCOM and GND. VCOM is either at the battery power or at 5V when the USB power is connected. The hackster project I pointed will help guide you with the process, just connect the leds directly to VCOM instead of to a GPIO. You can vary the value of the current limiting resistor to change the brightness of your LED. As long as you do not use more than 1A of current the Crazyflie will fly well (try to use as few current as possible to avoid affecting too much the flight time though).