enabling camera input in the MNIST example

Discussions about the AI-deck
raphaelz
Beginner

enabling camera input in the MNIST example

Post by raphaelz »

hi,
I'm trying to change the MNIST example code that will enable recognizing digits seen by the crazyflie camera instead of the saved images (my final goal is to change the model to object detection).
As for now I make the changes in "model.c" file based on the face detection example which uses the camera, but all the attempts are failing.
Is there a recommended way to do it or any instructions for it?
and for the future goal - Is replacing the h5 file to my network h5 weights file will be a good solution to implementing my network on the crazyflie?

thanks!
jonasdn
Expert

Re: enabling camera input in the MNIST example

Post by jonasdn »

Hi raphaelz!

Could you please provide some more details on what exactly you are doing and what the failure is?

Thanks
Jonas
gemenerik
Beginner

Re: enabling camera input in the MNIST example

Post by gemenerik »

raphaelz wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:20 am As for now I make the changes in "model.c" file based on the face detection example which uses the camera, but all the attempts are failing.
Is there a recommended way to do it or any instructions for it?
As Jonas said, maybe you can provide some details on how you tried to implement it, or even better, share some code? I think the face detection example is a good reference for what you are trying to achieve.
raphaelz wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:20 am and for the future goal - Is replacing the h5 file to my network h5 weights file will be a good solution to implementing my network on the crazyflie?
At the very least it is a good starting point if you are working in Tensorflow. It might very well work out of the box, but it depends on the version of TensorFlow you are using, and what layers your CNN architecture is made up of. The problem that might occur is that the optimizers convert layers to operations not supported by Greenwaves' nntool. If you run into errors loading the model into nntool, I would suggest inspecting the generated TensorFlow Lite (.tflite) model in a tool like Netron (netron.app) and verifying that the converted architecture a) makes sense and b) has only supported operations. You can review the supported operations in nntool by running "help tflite"