Jpeg streaming using my own wifi

Discussions about the AI-deck
BadWoman

Re: Jpeg streaming using my own wifi

Post by BadWoman »

I am not sure how the debug message is used. Is it just 'dmesg'? If so this is what I am seeing.
image ru
BadWoman

Post by BadWoman »

This is what I see after I close the GUI window. Is it normal?

Also I think I am connecting to the GAP8 JTAG pin. If I need to change to NINA JTAG, which set of pins do I need to plug in to power the deck?
kimberly
Bitcraze

Post by kimberly »

The jtag connectors have a marking on the PCB if they belong to either to the Nina or the Gap8. Here is a picture
BadWoman

Post by BadWoman »

So now my deck is connected to my own wifi through the GUI window. Do you know why this happens when I try to run gap_run in wifi_jpeg_streamer? I already changed the pins back to GAP8 port.
kimberly
Bitcraze

Post by kimberly »

The error message is indicating that your programmer is not connected to the gap8 chip on the aideck. Either the pins are not connected in the right way or the lint cable itself might be broken.
BadWoman

Post by BadWoman »

So the AI deck is connected to my own wifi, and the example is able to run. This is still what I see right now...
kimberly
Bitcraze

Post by kimberly »

Were you able to get the NINA output in the cfclient with the flag build that @tobias was talking about? What did the debug messages say (and could you copy paste those).

You need to provide the ip address of your Nina module in the viewer.py. This is the standard one and only meant for if you are connecting to the aideck directly. But if you are letting it connect to your wifi router, you need to get the IP address of the nina module and looking at the Nina's debug messages (as tobias explained before), is one way to find it out.
BadWoman

Post by BadWoman »

I tried the cflags code Tobias showed me in NINA, but it says cflags command not found.
kimberly
Bitcraze

Post by kimberly »

The cflag is not a command... it's a build variable.

Alright, I'll try to give you a step by step now as it seems that you have missed some essential steps along the way.

1- Get the latest version of the Crazyflie-firmware. If you haven't, go and follow these instructions to clone the repo and install the toolchain

2- Make a file in the crazyflie-firmware /tools/make called 'config.mk. Add the following content to that file:

Code: Select all

CFLAGS += -DDECK_FORCE=bcAIDeck
CFLAGS += -DDEBUG_NINA_PRINT
3- Build the crazyflie-firmware with:

make all
then put the crazyflie in bootloader mode by pressing the button for a few seconds so that the blue leds will start blinking. Make sure your crazyradio is attach and then do:

make cload
4- Connect with the crazyflie with the cfclient and look at the console tab. This can be accessed from 'view / tabs'

5- The end of the debug messages should indicate that the aideck has connected to your wifi and also list the current ip address of the nina module. Copy this ip address and run this with the viewer:

python3 viewer.py -n IP_ADDRESS
If the debug messages do not show that the nina module is connected, then you should probably reflash it again with the right credentials or check the accessing rights of your wifi port (as there might be some security protocols setup that prevents it from connecting).
kimberly
Bitcraze

Post by kimberly »

Did this process work for you? We are curious if it did.