Jpeg streaming using my own wifi

Discussions about the AI-deck
BadWoman

Jpeg streaming using my own wifi

Post by BadWoman »

When I try to use my own wifi to stream image, it only shows

Connecting to socket on 192.168.4.1:5000...

and a black screen saying connecting. I am using the bitcraze environment posted on this link: https://www.bitcraze.io/about/events/adws12021/
tobias
Bitcraze

Re: Jpeg streaming using my own wifi

Post by tobias »

What do you mean by "use my own wifi to stream image"? Have you connected to the AI deck access point?
BadWoman

Post by BadWoman »

So when I successfully ran the wifi_jpeg_streamer and viewer.py, I was connected to the Bitcraze AI-deck Example wifi generated by the deck. However, when I try to ran these two on my own wifi signal, it showed the following.

I am not sure what do you mean by AI deck access point.
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

When having the AI-deck connected to you wifi you need to specify to the viewer which IP address the AI-deck has. It might look something like:

Code: Select all

python3 viewer.py -n 192.168.1.45
Finding out the IP address could be found via your wifi router client list. Another option to get the IP address is though the NINA serial output. The can be activated by compiling the CF2.1 FW with the below in you config.mk file

Code: Select all

CFLAGS += -DDEBUG_NINA_PRINT
The NINA output will then end up in the cfclient console tab.
BadWoman

Post by BadWoman »

So I added the IP address from my WiFi property page and the port number. It shows that the socket is connected but no image to show.
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

This is trickier to know the problem too. Can you try to flash the example to the GAP8 and NINA. It looks like you run it with your JTAG? It could also be wifi access rights though the WM.
BadWoman

Post by BadWoman »

What do you mean by flash the example to the GAP8 and NINA?
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

I think "make flash" will do it. A bit of information on this page for the GAP8. Information here for the NINA.
BadWoman

Post by BadWoman »

I don't think "make flash" can work in the work environment... It keeps giving me this.

for some reason the "make" command is not working in the work environment.
kimberly
Bitcraze

Post by kimberly »

The environment does not seem to have the gap8 sdk installed, or if you have, the gap8 sdk is not sourced. From the background of your VM, I can actually see that you are using the bitcraze VM and not the configured bitcraze VM from the AIdeck workshop (since that on has a picture of the aideck itself).

But I see in the terminal you are able to do 'make run' on the gap8 ? How did you do this: through the docker or native install?

Anyway, in order for you aideck to connect to your WIFI, you have to reflash your Nina module with your WiFi's credentials , which is the easiest to do through docker as well: https://www.bitcraze.io/documentation/r ... cker-nina/

This will open up a GUI in your terminal at one point, of which you have to navigate to 'AI deck example Configuration' > deselect 'Act as access-point' > go to 'Credentials for connecting to another access-point' > Fill in the wifi credentials. Then you will need to check if the Aideck actually connects to your wifi (which is the easiest todo with turning on NINA debug messages as tobias suggested), and which IP address it uses to connect (also can be seen in the debug messages). Probably the IP address that you used last time might have been of your own PC and not from the AIdeck.