Sending NN inference via WiFi

Discussions about the AI-deck
computerpolice
Beginner

Sending NN inference via WiFi

Post by computerpolice »

Hello!

I'm working on a project where I will be deploying a NN model (image classification) to the AI-Deck. I want to send the classification results back to a PC through NINA's WiFi communication. Is there a possible way to do that by changing the JPEG Streamer example code scripts (viewer.py, ai-deck-jpeg-streamer-demo.c, test.c)?

In ai-deck-jpeg-streamer-demo.c, you can see that GAP8 sends a special request packet to the NINA module (type 0x81). Do you have an idea how does GAP8 formulate those NINA requests, where and whether they can be manipulated/changed to perform my desired task?
kimberly
Bitcraze

Re: Sending NN inference via WiFi

Post by kimberly »

Yeah ofcourse, there are ways to do this. Currently the NINA firmware is pretty hardcoded on images alone, so you have to find a way to not let them interfere.. On how I couldn't really help out though! The one who made this implementation is currently on a holiday and won't be back for several weeks...

Perhaps you can start an issue on the aideck_example repository? I'm sure other people might be working on it or are interested in this feature.