video streamer

Discussions about the AI-deck
1pi

video streamer

Post by 1pi »

Hello
I am having a problem with the wifi video streamer, if I run the example on RAM the image displays without problems but once I flashed and run the example it doesn’t stream and it keeps showing connecting at the top of viewer frame. Could you help with this problem. I am using
ai-deck 1 with the monochrome camera.
Regards
Rodrigo
kimberly
Bitcraze

Re: video streamer

Post by kimberly »

Hi Rodrigo,

I am seeing indeed the same thing! And I'm on the Aideck 1.1. Are you using the VM now or the native install of the gap sdk currently?

It's interesting since I do get the notice that the socket is connected in the viewer...

Code: Select all

Connecting to socket on 192.168.4.1:5000...
Socket connected
Same for you?

In the mean time, I'll write a simple debug tool for the gap8, to be able to get the print data to the uart so that we can print it on the console tab of the cfclient
1pi

Post by 1pi »

Hello Kimberly
I am using the native install of gap sdk and yes I get that as well, socket connected.
Rodrigo
kimberly
Bitcraze

Post by kimberly »

Hmm interesting.. I use the VM myself. But on my native install it does seem to work. It is strange as there should literarly be no difference

Have you tried to reflash the NINA module with the latest firmware yet? If you haven't configured the build environment yet on your computer I highly recommend using the docker image instructions. There were some improvements made last couple of months.
kimberly
Bitcraze

Post by kimberly »

Hi! What is your current status on this?

I've made an issue on the aideck example repository but I haven't managed to find a solid solution yet. https://github.com/bitcraze/AIdeck_examples/issues/49

It seem to be some kind of timing issue but that would be very hard to debug. But let's discuss further there if we come to any other conclusions!
GriffinBonner
Beginner

Post by GriffinBonner »

I am experiencing the same issue. The streamer example only works when running from ram and half of the time the image is inverted. When running from flash I experience the same issue as above one hundred percent of the time. I am using native GAP8 and have tried using the vm which even spottier results.
kimberly
Bitcraze

Post by kimberly »

Could you all pull the latest changes of the aideck example repo?

I've just merged a PR which seems to provide a sort of fix... it's not completely solving it as some part of the image is not including it but at least it is solving the not showing image part.

Give me an update if this works!
kimberly
Bitcraze

Post by kimberly »

Ah wait... it does not seem to solve it completely...

Let's communicate further on the issue list as this is a clear bug: https://github.com/bitcraze/AIdeck_examples/issues/49
1pi

Post by 1pi »

Hello
I have installed the updated examples with the fix but I still get the same result, connecting and no image.
When I run the streamer on RAM it still works prefect, the image is rotated the right way up, only thing I noticed is that it takes a few seconds to connect.
Rodrigo
kimberly
Bitcraze

Post by kimberly »

Hi!

Just asking so that it is clear: did you reflash both the Nina module & the gap8 chip or only the gap8 with the newest examples?