wifi_streaming example returns half-corrupted images

Discussions about the AI-deck
lorenzolamberti
Beginner

wifi_streaming example returns half-corrupted images

Post by lorenzolamberti »

Hi!
I am working on the AIdeck and I am trying to make the wifi streaming example work.

I am using the last bitcraze commit and last gap_sdk version 3.8.1.

My problem is that when I run the viewer.py script to visualize the streamed images, the bottom part of the image is either out of sinc or black.
I debugged hardly the greenwaves code of the streamer, but I didnt find the problem.

On AIdeck side: after the camera acquisition I dump the raw image, this looks correct. So the camera works.
If I run the test camera program (write the image to the PC via debug interface) I always get the right image. This proofs again the working camera.

The problem I think is either in the Jpeg encoder, in the trasmission, or its a buffer size problem at receiving side.

in the viewer.py file i tried many buffer sizes (wrt to the original value of 512). I went down to 100 bytes and up to 10000 bytes, but the same problem occurs.

does anyone has the same problm that I do?
Attachments
image (2).png
image (2).png (71.12 KiB) Viewed 1636 times
kimberly
Bitcraze

Re: wifi_streaming example returns half-corrupted images

Post by kimberly »

Hi!

This is indeed a known issue already, but we still haven't managed to fix it so far.

I see that there is an issue open on github: https://github.com/bitcraze/AIdeck_examples/issues/40. Let's communicate further there!
lorenzolamberti
Beginner

Post by lorenzolamberti »

Hi kimberly.
yes the issue is mine. Posted in both github and this forum

i am really debugging hard the whole acqusisition->jpeg encoding->bitstream tx-> bitstream rx pipeline.
It has been few weeks already and i didnt figure out where the problem might be.

If you have any guess that you want to share i can look deeper into it.
Can it be just a buffering problem at receiver side (python script)?

I saw in the original wifi streamer C code a sort of double buffering was implemented but not completed.

again, please any guess is welcome :)
kimberly
Bitcraze

Post by kimberly »

Let's continue on the github issue since this discussion belong there.