Always mentioned "connecting" when using viewer.py

Discussions about the AI-deck
Ruocheng
Beginner

Always mentioned "connecting" when using viewer.py

Post by Ruocheng »

I have already flashed the NINA and I can receive the "Bitcraze-AI deck example";
I use this command to make sure whether AI_deck works;
docker run --rm -it -v $PWD:/module/data/ --device /dev/ttyUSB0 --privileged -P gapsdk:${GAP_SDK_VERSION} /bin/bash -c 'export GAPY_OPENOCD_CABLE=interface/ftdi/olimex-arm-usb-tiny-h.cfg; source /gap_sdk/configs/ai_deck.sh; cd /module/data/; make clean all image flash'
However, when I run python3 viewer.py, there is no image and always mentioned "connecting" ,but "socket connnected"
I have no idea to solve this problem,so what's wrong.....
Attachments
However, when I run python3 viewer.py, there is no image and always mentioned "connecting" ,but "socket connnected"
I have already  flashed the GAP8 but I'm not sure whether it's right
I have already flashed the GAP8 but I'm not sure whether it's right
Ruocheng
Beginner

Re: Always mentioned "connecting" when using viewer.py

Post by Ruocheng »

I wanna add some illustrations ... I have already remembered just now:
while using the docker file to build an image for GAP8, there is always a command "nntool" I can't succeed,which is the step 17/21,.... and the problem is "connection refused ",,,
Does this affect the final result? I am not sure........
kimberly
Bitcraze

Post by kimberly »

Hi!

Currently you are trying to flash the test program image manipulations which does not do anything with streaming the images so it is logical if you dont see anything. Please use the wifi_jpeg_streamer example instead. Cd to that folder and run the docker command again. The LED of the GAP8 should be flashing after restart.

By the way, if you replace the last command in the docker command to:

Code: Select all

make clean all run
this will perform an on RAM execution of the code. Then you can also see all the readouts and you would be able to debug if anything hangs.
Ruocheng
Beginner

Post by Ruocheng »

Yes, I have done this , but there is an error....
It reminds me this....
Attachments
2020-12-28 20-50-12 的屏幕截图.png
kimberly
Bitcraze

Post by kimberly »

I see that you are currently using GAP_SDK_VERSION number 3.5, however, the github repo has been updated to work on SDK version 3.8 since this ticket. If you just want to check if things work, you can quickly revert to before these changes.

However, I would very much advise to update your docker to 3.8.1 by following the instructions again with the new dockerfile.
Ruocheng
Beginner

Post by Ruocheng »

Thanks a lot!! I solved this problem!