Monochrome camera issue

Discussions about the AI-deck
1pi

Monochrome camera issue

Post by 1pi »

hello
I have tested the monochrome camera with the test camera example but the process stops at:
Entering main controller
Testing normal camera capture
opening Himax camera
after this line it stops, I also noticed how the programmer (olimex-arm-USB-tiny-h) red light flickers,
but when I run the wifi streamer example it works properly. Do you have any idea why is this happening?

Regards
Rodrigo
kimberly
Bitcraze

Re: Monochrome camera issue

Post by kimberly »

Hi!

Just a couple of questions to understand what is going on:

- Which Operating system are you using?
- Are you using the AI-deck 1.0 or 1.1?
- Did you run the Wifi example on RAM(with

Code: Select all

make run
) or did you flash it
1pi

Post by 1pi »

Hello
I started using sdk3.8 then upgraded to sdk3.8.1 but nothing changed then upgraded to sdk3.9.1 still the same.
I am using AIdeck 1.0.
And I flashed the wifi streamer.
Another thing I forgot to mention is that the video is upside down and looks very over exposed almost like a negative image.
Regards
Rodrigo
kimberly
Bitcraze

Post by kimberly »

I've tried to replicate your case but it does not seem the same. Indeed the video is upside down, but the overexposed part of it I can not see in my case. Could you perhaps share a screenshot of what you are seeing?
1pi

Post by 1pi »

Hello
This is an example from the wifi streamer, it’s looking onto stairway and windows
Rodrigo
8E06FCCB-328F-418C-9639-FB6531E668B8.jpeg
kimberly
Bitcraze

Post by kimberly »

That is an extremely weird behavior that I have not seen with the grayscale camera.

And this was not the case when you were still using your color camera on the AIdeck 1.0?

I'll try to prob some of the support channels on this and see if anybody has experienced seeing this.
1pi

Post by 1pi »

Hello
You are right I never had that problem with the color camera.
I hope you find something.
Thank you again.
Rodrigo
kimberly
Bitcraze

Post by kimberly »

Thanks! that is useful information that the color camera did work. I will see if I can solve this together with the parties involved and hopefully get back to you next week once I had the time to look at it myself.
1pi

Post by 1pi »

Hello
By the way the picture I sent i flipped it upside down for easier viewing.
Thank you
Regards
Rodrigo
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

I might know one of the issues at least. Why the grey scale camera doesn't respond is because it is so low power that it sometimes doesn't reset properly during a power cycle if the JTAG is connected. The JTAG provides "phantom" power. I could get it to run properly by removing the JTAG while power cycling the crazyflie (may have to wait a second or two in off). Then I connected the JTAG and ran the test_camera example which worked fine.

The camera flip is controlled by setting a register in the camera as can be seen in the wifi streamer example here. This is probably not done in the test_camera example.