Lighthouse Deck Not Responsive [SOLVED]

Topics related to the Lighthouse positioning system, configuration and use
Leopardopt
Beginner

Lighthouse Deck Not Responsive [SOLVED]

Post by Leopardopt »

Hello!

I have been working with the lighthouse decks on my two crazyflies and recently one of the drones where the VM crashed mid-setup will not want to work anymore with the deck. The deck resets when in range of V1 sensors and then it flashes yellow over and over with the crazyflie M1 flashing red many times in short time. I have tried to re-flash everything from removing the deck and flashing the drone and then installing and re-flashing to doing a cold-recovery. However, none of that seems to work and the deck keeps flashing yellow with the drone flashing red multiple times like a heartbeat. Is there a solution to fix this issue with the deck? Please let me know if possible since I need this for my research.

**Re-installing the physical deck did not solve the red blinks
Update: Just found out that it only works with 1 V1 station and not 2 which is very strange..

Sincerely,

Leopardopt
Last edited by Leopardopt on Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jonasdn
Expert

Re: LIghthouse Deck Not Responsive

Post by jonasdn »

Hi Leopardopt!

Could you please connect the drone with the client and see what the output in the console tab is? And perhaps paste it here, so we can see if the CF reports any issues at boot.

Thank you!
Jonas
Leopardopt
Beginner

Re: Lighthouse Deck Not Responsive

Post by Leopardopt »

Hi Jonas,

Thank you for the response. I have two trials in which one is with 1 V1 base station and the other with two. Here are the pictures of both the terminal and the drone with basestations:

Trial 1: 2 V1 basestations:
two_sensors.png
(I could not add the picture of drone to this but as mentioned the drone's yellow light is on while the M1 LED blinks red multiple times in short time) [The console never adds anything else after "it finished updating..." even if I wait for a long time]

Trial 2: 1 V1 basestation:
1_sensor_first.png
1_sensor_second.png
(Once again drone picture could not be attached so the drone's deck LED turns green due to previous setup and M1 LED blinks normally 1 time in longer periods)

Please let me know if there is anything that can be done about the deck and I am not sure if this is the issue of the drone or the lighthouse deck. I am still confused why it doesn't want to work with 2 V1 base stations.

Sincerely,
Leopardopt
kimberly
Bitcraze

Post by kimberly »

Hi!

I think there is a bit of confusion here. Jonas meant that we would like to see the readout of the console tab of the CFclient, not the terminal of where the cfclient is started from. The instructions on how to reach that tab can be found here
Leopardopt
Beginner

Post by Leopardopt »

Hi,

Sorry for the delay. I forgot that there was a "console" tab on cfclient. Thank you for mentioning it. Below are the attachments of screenshots:

Trial with 2 sensors (V1):
2_sensors_console.png
Trial with 1 sensor (V1) on A channel:
1_sensor_connected.png
I can see that it says something in math.h has failed and then it just says that it has failed but not sure if there is a way to fix it. For 1 sensor, I have to set it to A channel in order for crazyflie to receive the sweeping angles.

Sincerely,
Leopardopt
kimberly
Bitcraze

Post by kimberly »

Thanks!

So your lighthouse deck has been flashed correctly, as it is saying it has version 6, which is indeed the latest version of the LH deck firmware.

I've tried to also use the V1 basestations on exactly the same firmware as you, but I don't see what you are observing... It's all working for me.

So you mentioned that you put one basestation to A, but did you also put the second basestation to 'b' like told in the instructions of the tutorial?

What you can also try, is to switch the system type in the lighthouse tab from V2 and than back to V1 (so that all the calibration data and geometry data is removed), wait for the calibration data and do the geometry estimation again. Let us know if this worked or not!
Leopardopt
Beginner

Post by Leopardopt »

Hello,

So I have tried to change back and forth to V1 and V2. It does not like the A and b settings for two V1 sensors. The only way to make it detect 1 sensor is to either turn off the other or change the second one to "c" which basically means it does not detect the sensor or does not want to. It only connects with whichever sensor that is set to "A". This is a very weird issue with this and honestly am not sure what is causing this to happen.

Sincerely,

Leopardopt
kimberly
Bitcraze

Post by kimberly »

Ah oke that is because you are probably not using the sync cable. In that case, you need to put them in 'b' and 'c'

from the tutorial:
The modes should be changed to ‘A’ and ‘b’ if you are using a sync cable and ‘b’ and ‘c’ without a sync cable.
These instructions can also be found on the htc vivi website

You do have to make sure that each basestation is in eachothers field of view so that they sync up with eachother
Leopardopt
Beginner

Re: Lighthouse Deck Not Responsive [SOLVED]

Post by Leopardopt »

Hello Kimberly!

Thank you so much for spending the time to go through this with me. Strangely enough, when I tried to sync the second (not-working) drone to the same setting as first working drone, it started to work and detect both stations on b and c channels. Hopefully it will keep on working like this every time from now. Thank you so much for your time!

Sincerely,

Leopardopt
kimberly
Bitcraze

Re: Lighthouse Deck Not Responsive [SOLVED]

Post by kimberly »

Alright good to know! strange initial error though... but let's see what happens. Let us know if it gives you any problem again!