Do not fly

Topics related to the Lighthouse positioning system, configuration and use
GIduarte
Beginner

Do not fly

Post by GIduarte »

Hi,

I bought two SteamVR V2 station and the lighthouse deck. I followed the tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCEHht72B08, but when I tried to use the take off button nothing happened. I manually moved the drone and the system appeared to be working.

I also tried to use the autonomous_sequence_high_level.py script and it just threw itself in a random direction with a height of less than 10 cm.

PS: I can fly with xbox control using or position hold mode within the steamVR area, but I don't know if he is using the lighthouse data.
kristoffer
Bitcraze

Re: Do not fly

Post by kristoffer »

In the lighthouse tab in the client, what is shown for the "receiving" boxes for the two base stations, are they green or red? If they are green, you are receiving sweeps from the base stations.
I manually moved the drone and the system appeared to be working.
Manually checking the estimated position is a good way to check if everything is fine. For instance put at different point on the floor and check that Z si close to 0 and that X and Y seems reasonable. If that is fine, I would expect autonomous_sequence_high_level to work.

Not sure what to suggest, you can always try to re-run the geometry estimation process to make sure everything is fine.
kristoffer
Bitcraze

Re: Do not fly

Post by kristoffer »

I just heard that there is a bug in the current firmware source code that might give this symptom. If you are using the 2021.03 release everything should be fine though.