Lighthouse positioning deck SPI usage [SOLVED]

Topics related to the Lighthouse positioning system, configuration and use
devjalx
Beginner

Lighthouse positioning deck SPI usage [SOLVED]

Post by devjalx »

Hi all,

this seems like an obsolete question but it is very important for me to clarify it.
The SPI- and the UART2-Pins on the lighthouse deck are only used when the bootloader needs to be flashed. So the SPI and UART2-Pins can be used for anything else when the 0ohm-resistors R11-R15 are not soldered on the deck. Do I understand this correctly?
On the shop-website the image showing the back of the lighthouse positioning deck seems to show the deck with the resistors soldered. Will the board be sent with the resistors soldered or not soldered?

Best regards,

devjalx
Last edited by devjalx on Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
arnaud
Bitcraze

Re: Lighthouse positioning deck SPI usage

Post by arnaud »

This is correct, the SPI pins are only used during production and the UART2 is only there as an option. The 0Ohm resistor are not soldered on production boards and so no connection is made to the Crazyflie SPI port. Only one UART and the I2C bus is connected to the Crazyflie.

The Crazyflie is currently using both UART and I2C: I2C is used to bootload the board and UART is used to get data from it. It is planned to move all communications to the I2C only in the future in order to free the UART for other use.
devjalx
Beginner

Re: Lighthouse positioning deck SPI usage

Post by devjalx »

OK, thank you!