Choosing a lighthouse TOC to help detect valid tracking.[SOLVED]

Topics related to the Lighthouse positioning system, configuration and use
cafeciaojoe

Choosing a lighthouse TOC to help detect valid tracking.[SOLVED]

Post by cafeciaojoe »

HI

I am looking for a lighthouse paramteter that I can use to determine if both lighthouses cannot see the cf. (in order to immediately land the cf after a certain number of secods of lost tracking)
I acknowledge that this may be a little more complicated that just choosing one parameter (perhaps due to whether or not the systemis using raw seeps or crossing beams, to be honest I do not know how to tell which one the cf is using)

I have tried loggin the x, y, z, from the lighthouse paramter (hoping that they would be nan when they do no see a beam) but all I got was 0.0? They were also 0 in the plotter.

code below....

Code: Select all

lg_stab = LogConfig(name='lighthouse', period_in_ms=100)
    lg_stab.add_variable('lighthouse.x', 'float')
    lg_stab.add_variable('lighthouse.y', 'float')
    lg_stab.add_variable('lighthouse.z', 'float')
Cheers 8-)
Last edited by cafeciaojoe on Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
PhD Student
RMIT University
School of Design
http://www.cafeciaojoe.com
kimberly
Bitcraze

Re: Choosing a lighthouse TOC to help detect valid tracking.

Post by kimberly »

Hi!

So those variables only work if you select the parameter 'lighthouse.method' to be 0. That is the crossing beams method, which will calculate the position already without interference of the kalmanfilter.

I guess it would be best to check out the raw angles which is called like this: 'lighthouse.angle0x' (or _LH2 if you use lighthouse v2) and see if the angle doesn't change. If the difference of the current timestep and the timestep before is zero, then it lost tracking. You might need to be not very strict on the landing part, maybe if it lost tracking for a second, then to initiate the landing.
cafeciaojoe

Re: Choosing a lighthouse TOC to help detect valid tracking.

Post by cafeciaojoe »

Works well thanks !
PhD Student
RMIT University
School of Design
http://www.cafeciaojoe.com