Linking lighthouse to crazyflie

Topics related to the Lighthouse positioning system, configuration and use
jesselim
Beginner

Linking lighthouse to crazyflie

Post by jesselim »

I'm new to lighthouse and crazyflie. How do I link the lighthouse to the crazyflie to let it fly autonomously?
kimberly
Bitcraze

Re: Linking lighthouse to crazyflie

Post by kimberly »

Hi!

Your question is a bit too general.... So let's just take it one step at a time.

Since you are a beginner: make sure that before anything else, you followed this getting started tutorial. Afterwards you can follow the settingup instructions of the lighthouse here.

Once you are able to determine the lighthouse works by looking at the position estimate (by using the cfclient plotter), then you ready to go to the next step for flying autonomously, so please start a new forum thread for that.
whizzle
Beginner

Post by whizzle »

Hi there,

I remember a blog entry where sb described the setup of basestations v 2 with the requirement to have a controller or sth. similar to calibrate the system.
Is it still needed or is a crazyflie with a lighthouse deck and a basestation enough?
PB_
Beginner

Post by PB_ »

Hi whizzle,
Hardware-wise, just a crazyflie with a lighthouse deck and a base station is enough to get started. And for stable versions of the code - this commit 463110b1aae6166fdecdcfca4d3bc64532e949bc seems to work, I've tried it out and managed to get good flights
whizzle
Beginner

Post by whizzle »

Thank you for your reply - I am really looking forward to get my hands on.
I guess you mean this repo state:
https://github.com/bitcraze/crazyflie-f ... 4532e949bc
Is there anything wrong in the latest version or is it just the one you used and were satisfied with the results and therefore can suggest it?
PB_
Beginner

Post by PB_ »

Hi, no there is nothing particularly wrong with the latest commit, but it can be unstable sometimes as the bitcraze team is still working on it to finalize the support. So the commit I mentioned ( it was recommended to me by one of the deveopers in this thread - viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4537 ) , I've tested it out and it is fully working so you can try that if the latest commit isn't working.