[SOLVED] Updating firmeware getting stuck when updating lighthouse deck

Topics related to the Lighthouse positioning system, configuration and use
borat22
Beginner

Re: Updating firmeware getting stuck when updating lighthouse deck

Post by borat22 »

I still can not flash 'from release' firmware versions or my own build 'from file' firmware versions, it will not continue after the "updating deck" step. I tried it even after i sucessfully flashed once my crazyflie with your firmware 300ms version, it still did not flash the lighthouse deck.
Thus far only your file did sucessfully flash my crazyflie with a lighthouse deck mounted on using the python client.
I tested your firmware version by calibrating the lighthouse deck over the python client, which worked.

Can I build my own .bin file and switch it out with the version in the zip folder and then flash, so it would flash with the delay ?
jonasdn
Expert

Post by jonasdn »

borat22 wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 7:10 am I still can not flash 'from release' firmware versions or my own build 'from file' firmware versions, it will not continue after the "updating deck" step. I tried it even after i sucessfully flashed once my crazyflie with your firmware 300ms version, it still did not flash the lighthouse deck.
Thus far only your file did sucessfully flash my crazyflie with a lighthouse deck mounted on using the python client.
I tested your firmware version by calibrating the lighthouse deck over the python client, which worked.

Can I build my own .bin file and switch it out with the version in the zip folder and then flash, so it would flash with the delay ?
Hi!

Yes, this is possible. The delay is in the firmware for the nrf chip, not the stm32. You can see a pull-request to increase the delay here: https://github.com/bitcraze/crazyflie2- ... re/pull/57

You can unzip the zip-files I sent you, add your bin for the stm32 that you built, and edit the json-file to make sure the filenames are correct.

Jonas
Timo K
Beginner

Post by Timo K »

Hi Jonas,

I've tested it, too, with some drones:
  • I updated 6 different drones
  • I installed the 300ms once and it worked
  • 250ms Version: 6 times installed and worked every time
  • 200ms Version: It "failed" 4 times, but also worked 5 times
So I couldn't recreate the issue that frequently.
To sum it up: I didn't have any problems with the modified versions, but sometimes with the standard one.

I can test it some more times, if it helps you, but it seems like that was the problem.

Thank you for your help!

Timo
jonasdn
Expert

Post by jonasdn »

Thank you Timo!

The next official firmware will have a greater delay (already on master) and you are to thank!

All the best
Jonas
knuckles904
Beginner

Re: [SOLVED] Updating firmeware getting stuck when updating lighthouse deck

Post by knuckles904 »

Sorry for resurrecting since problem appears already fixed, but I encountered the issue upon first flash of lighthouse deck. I was unable to flash lighthouse firmware from release 2021.03 twice, but tried the 300ms firmware and was successful. Afterward, I tried to flash 2021.03 again and was successful, but possibly no new difference was found between deck's 300ms firmware and the 2021.03 so it may not have tried anything.

My lighthouse deck works fine and is very impressive. Just wanted to add data
jonasdn
Expert

Re: [SOLVED] Updating firmeware getting stuck when updating lighthouse deck

Post by jonasdn »

Thank you knuckles904!