Crazyflie Flashing Issue 2021.03

Discussions about all things Bitcraze
Leopardopt
Beginner

Crazyflie Flashing Issue 2021.03

Post by Leopardopt »

Hello,

I have recently tried to use the lighthouse deck and needed to flash both the crazyflies for the updates to the deck. However, when I flashed the 2021.03 firmware, it takes a very long time (~30 min or more) to finish the process. It also just recently takes a long time for crazyradio PA to scan and connect to the drones. I am not sure what is happening but is this my issue or related to the new firmware update? Please let me know since I need to figure this out for my research asap.

Sincerely,

Leopardopt
jonasdn
Expert

Re: Crazyflie Flashing Issue 2021.03

Post by jonasdn »

Hi Leopardopt!

Let's try to figure this out! We have not hear any other reports of flashing taking longer time with the new firmware.

So some troubleshooting!
  • What is the version of the lib and client?
  • Do you use any VM or docker or similar?
  • Does this happen without the lighthouse deck?

To check version of lib and client:

Code: Select all

$ pip3 show cfclient
$ pip3 show cflib
Leopardopt
Beginner

Post by Leopardopt »

Hello!

Yes, I am currently working with lighthouse deck and it started since I tried to flash one of the drones. Here is the information that you may be looking for. I honestly have no clue what is happening, and to add to that, no the crazyradio PA no longer detects the drones while entering their correct address. I have tried reinstalling the libusb for crazyradio, reinstalling the entire bitcraze VM v. 2021.04, and updating the cflib and pressing the "update all projects". Please help me figure this out before it gets more serious.
version.jpg

P.S. In addition, when I connect via USB, the cclient takes a very long time to "connect" which is about 10-15 min of waiting for memory to be updated and then connection setup to finish on cfclient's terminal. So whatever the issue is, it basically slowed down everything.

Sincerely,

Leopardopt
jonasdn
Expert

Post by jonasdn »

Hi Leopardopt!

We know that the VM can add latency to the radio, but this is more than we are used to see. Are you on windows or Linux?
Would you have the option to try to run the cfclient on your primary OS?

Jonas
Leopardopt
Beginner

Post by Leopardopt »

Hi Jonas!

Currently my only option is the Linux system on my computer which I just got working with everything of crazyflie. It is super quick on there but I have no idea what bug is causing this slow down on Virtual Machine. I have reinstalled it plenty of times as well on oracle. When I hit scan, it takes a long time to establish connection on terminal and when I flash, it takes as mentioned 30min to finish. But, yes thank you the linux system on my computer works perfectly but if the same thing happens there, I got no plan B.

Sincerely,

Leopardopt