M2 stays solid blue. No other LEDs lighting

Discussions about all things Bitcraze
nikonlivin
Beginner

M2 stays solid blue. No other LEDs lighting

Post by nikonlivin »

Hi, when I turn on my crazyflie only M2 lights up solid. If i try to put it on bootloader mode, only m2 blinks. I tried to flash the bootloader while in DFU mode and was able to update the firmware using the bootloader after that. But when I reset it in firmware mode, the same thing happens again where only M2 lights up. Please help.
tobias
Bitcraze

Re: M2 stays solid blue. No other LEDs lighting

Post by tobias »

The nRF51 MCU firmware has probably been corrupted. Start from a powerless state and you should be able to get into the bootloader. Thus hold the button while connecting the battery.
nikonlivin
Beginner

Post by nikonlivin »

Hi! How can I repair the corrupted firmware? Sorry i’m just a beginner. Thanks!
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

Can you get into bootloader mode the way I told explained, from a no power state (no USB or battery connected)? Do you have a Crazyradio?
nikonlivin
Beginner

Post by nikonlivin »

yes, I can get into the bootloader mode. When I turn on the crazyflie M2 and M3 stay blue and M4 blinks red and green now. I can scan the address of the crazyflie through the client but once I click connect it would just load and fail. Thanks for replying :)
kimberly
Bitcraze

Post by kimberly »

When the crazyflie is in bootloader mode, m1 and m2 are blinking slowly and all the other leds are off. If you crazyflie is in this state, follow these instruction from 'download latest firmware' to flash a complete newest release for both NRF and STM: https://www.bitcraze.io/documentation/t ... #latest-fw. Let us know if this fixes your problem.