ERROR:cflib.crazyflie:Exception while doing callback on port [15]

Discussions about all things Bitcraze
xpnimi
Beginner

Post by xpnimi »

I just installed osx 10.14 Mojave and installed the python client with brew as described here (https://github.com/bitcraze/crazyflie-clients-python)

I also have an Crazyradio PA

the client starts and opens the GUI when I search and connect to the crazyflie I get the following error in the terminal

Code: Select all

INFO:cflib.crazyflie:Callback->Connection initialized[radio://0/80/250K]
INFO:cflib.crazyflie:We are connected[radio://0/80/250K], request connection setup
INFO:cflib.crazyflie:Callback->Connected to [radio://0/80/250K]

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/cflib/crazyflie/__init__.py", line 396, in run
    cb.callback(pk)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/cflib/crazyflie/platformservice.py", line 113, in _crt_service_callback
    if pk.data[:18].decode('utf8') == 'Bitcraze Crazyflie':
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf-8' codec can't decode byte 0x8a in position 6: invalid start byte
I don't have any idea what's wrong!
xpnimi
Beginner

Re: ERROR:cflib.crazyflie:Exception while doing callback on port [15]

Post by xpnimi »

never mind,

now it seems to work. Maybe I had to restart the system.

Error is still in the terminal log though.

Code: Select all

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/cflib/crazyflie/__init__.py", line 396, in run
    cb.callback(pk)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/cflib/crazyflie/platformservice.py", line 113, in _crt_service_callback
    if pk.data[:18].decode('utf8') == 'Bitcraze Crazyflie':
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf-8' codec can't decode byte 0x8a in position 6: invalid start byte
arnaud
Bitcraze

Post by arnaud »

Hi, have you upgraded your Crazyflie to the latest release? Updating the Crazyflie should make this message disappear.
xpnimi
Beginner

Post by xpnimi »

Do you mean firmware? Actually no, the Crazyflie is probably 2 - 3 Years old. Do you have link which describes the process of flashing the firmware on OSX?

I do have another issue with the crazyflie since I updated to osx mojave. The controlls are very different and I am not able to fly the crazyflie as I used to. Might that issue have to do something with the firmware as well?

I am not a professional developer - so a good link to an article on upgrading the firmware would be very much appreciated.
arnaud
Bitcraze

Post by arnaud »

The getting started with Crazyflie 2.0 guide has a section about updating the Crazyflie firmware: https://www.bitcraze.io/getting-started ... #latest-fw

As for the control, could you describe about how different the control are? Updating to Mojave should not have any effect on the client.