No backend available

Discussions about all things Bitcraze
liuyuzhen
Beginner

No backend available

Post by liuyuzhen »

Hello,

I have a problem that crazyradio Pa can't comunicate with cf2 in windows (But it was okay when I used it a week ago.). Now, when I run the cflient and click the button of 'scan', there is ''WARNING:cflib.crtp.usbdriver:Exception while scanning for Crazyflie USB: No backend available'. When I run the 'lib-python\examples' program, it also fails to communicate properly 'NameError: name 'le' is not defined, Crazyflies found: No Crazyflies found, cannot run example'(when I run basiclog.py). I've reinstalled the client, reinstalled the driver(libusb-win32,libusbk(now),winUSB,usb serial, all I've tried and I can see in computer management that the driver has been installed correctly), and reconfigured the python environment, but I failed and it also does't work. I really need your help. (The environment: windows10-64bit, python-3.4.5).

Best
Thank you!!!
Jacky
tobias
Bitcraze

Re: No backend available

Post by tobias »

It could be a conflict with the driver. We have seen that happen sometimes after installing other programs. Try switching to the libusbK driver as described in the bottom of this page.
liuyuzhen
Beginner

Post by liuyuzhen »

Thank you for your reply!

However, 'I've reinstalled the client, reinstalled the driver(libusb-win32,libusbk(now),winUSB,usb serial, all I've tried and I can see in computer management that the driver has been installed correctly), and reconfigured the python environment, but I failed and it also does't work.'

I've tried libusbK for many times, but it doesn't work. I can see in computer management that the driver has been installed correctly(Fig1).
Attachments
1.png
1.png (4.54 KiB) Viewed 2956 times
liuyuzhen
Beginner

Post by liuyuzhen »

Does anyone know why? I really appreciate it if someone responds.
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

There is of course a chance that something broke/happened with the hardware. Do you have the possibility to try the Crazyradio on another computer? Also if you have USB 2.0 port try that as USB 3.0 sometimes can be problematic. Other then that I'm afraid I don't know how to help you as it is most likely related to how your computer is setup and what programs are installed.