HITL and SITL for crazyflie

Discussions about all things Bitcraze
taochen_bitcraze
Beginner

Re: HITL and SITL for crazyflie

Post by taochen_bitcraze »

Hello all, I have downloaded the package and successfully compiled everything. I am trying run SITL simulation.
However, when I launch the mav.launch launch file, and then run the test_high_level.py python script, it gave me warnings like "Don't know ack: Port 8 Channel: 0 Len: 5" every time it sends out a request and nothing else happens (the vehicle doesn't take off). What am I doing wrong here? All I did was:
1. start ./cf
2. launch mav.launch
3. run the python script

I spent all day yesterday trying to find out what the problem was, I noticed that the motor commands are sent back with header port 09 and channel 0 and that's within the power distribution module. But I still don't understand how it's being sent back to Gazebo. (The response msg for taking off doesn't contain the motor commands.)

I tried manually sending service requests, it gave me the same warnings.

Anyone could help? Thanks!
wuwushrek
Beginner

Post by wuwushrek »

Hello all,
Sorry @taochen_bitcraze for the very late response. I guess you have figured your way out of that situation.
Anyways I recently pushed on the master branch something more compatible with recent version of bitcraze master branch firmware + full compatibility with crazyflie_ros (which wasn't the case earlier), some utilites and technically speaking it should be faster. Hopefully the documentation on the github isn't that bad.
[https://github.com/wuwushrek/sim_cf][https://github.com/wuwushrek/sim_cf]
Hope to get some feedback from some of you about it.
Regards,
Marco_Marino
Beginner

Post by Marco_Marino »

wuwushrek wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:07 pm Hi,
I have recently push some modifications on the multi-uav-final branch. You will have to clone/pull the project and go to that branch for sim_cf. Be sure that the submodules external/crazyflie_comm and crazyflie-firmware also points to multi-uav-final branch. This branch breaks most of the things implemented in the master branch that's why I wanted to be fully tested before making it the master branch. We managed to fly 7 crazyflie with this new version of SITL. Check the branch readme.md of crazyflie_gazebo for testing procedure. Message me or leave a message here for implementation details or erratic behavior.
7cfs.gif

Franck
Where can I find the code for this project?