[Starters] Presentation and small questions

Discussions about all things Bitcraze
N0lw3
Beginner

[Starters] Presentation and small questions

Post by N0lw3 »

Hello everyone !

I just joined the community by buying a Crazyflie 2.0. It looks like a really good development tool, but I have some questions, that you can perhaps answer:

1/ When do I know the battery is really charged ?

2/ I do not have any PS3 or Xbox controller, are there any tests that have been done with cheaper versions ? Any feedback to give to a newbie like me about what to chose ? (I did a quick search the forum but I only saw comparisons between PS3/4 and Xbox, what about the low-cost versions?)

I thought about this one : https://www.amazon.fr/Manette-Mad-Catz- ... manette+pc in order to be able to use it from my Android phone (OnePlus 5) as well as from my MacBook. Any ideas :P :idea: ?

Cheers,
Vivien
tobias
Bitcraze

Re: [Starters] Presentation and small questions

Post by tobias »

Welcome to the community!

1) The battery is charged when then blue M2 led stops blinking. It is charging when it is blinking and the longer the blue led is lit the more charged it is. If you are curious you can also look at the log variables under pm to check voltage and charge current :D.

2) Often the cheaper controllers have bad gimbals (main joysticks) which makes it hard to control the CF2. That is at least our experience.