flie 2.0 multiple deck?

Discussions about all things Bitcraze
crazyflying
Beginner

flie 2.0 multiple deck?

Post by crazyflying »

hello

id like to know if its possible to use more than one of your deck at once.?

for example flow deck with big quadeck?

before i buy i just wana check if its possible? does the pins to flow deck cause porblems to the bigquad deck?

thanks thats all
tobias
Bitcraze

Re: flie 2.0 multiple deck?

Post by tobias »

Welcome the the forum!
id like to know if its possible to use more than one of your deck at once.?
Yes but not all of them as pins might be colliding. You can check the deck wiki page to get an idea.
for example flow deck with big quadeck?
Unfortunately not without doing some modifications/hacks:
  • The capacitor C1 needs to be removed on the BQ-deck as it interfere with the SPI communication
  • It is possible to have the BQ-deck mounted on top of the CF2 and then it would be possible to have the flow deck mounted beneath it. The ESC would then have to be mounted on the arms of the frame and there needs to be a hole in the frame for the camera and laser ranger.
  • If the BQ-deck is mounded below it would be possible to solder the needed wires to the flow deck and glue/tape it underneath. It needs 10 wires. You can have a look at the schematics.
  • If you are only using the motor outputs on the BQ-deck you could instead just solder wires to the used outputs. Similar to this hack we did. The used outputs you can find in the BQ-deck schematics.
crazyflying
Beginner

Post by crazyflying »

ok wow so if i just change that cap c1 it will work with the flow below and bqd above?

i had the plan to do flow deck bottom and then bqdeck and then the crazyflie last on top?

if c1 removed all should work fine?

thanks
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

Looking at it again and I see that the PWM output (IO_3) on BQ-deck collide with the CS on the Flow deck so this needs to be fixed as well. What is needed then is:
1. Capacitor C1 on BQ-deck needs to be removed.
2. BQ-deck on top of CF2 and flow deck on bottom. The camera needs to see the ground.
3. The CS pin on the Flow deck needs to be moved to e.g. IO_4 which requires a HW hack. I would suggest pushing up the IO_3 pin in the header so it never reaches the Flow deck and soldering a wire from CS on the Flow to IO_4 on the CF2 or BQ-deck. Then changing the FW to use IO_4 instead.

So it is a bit of a hack...