Communication between 2 crazyflies

Discussions about all things Bitcraze
aashisht97
Beginner

Communication between 2 crazyflies

Post by aashisht97 »

Hello everyone!!

I am trying to obtain communication between two crazyflies (Crazyflie 2.0) so as to fly them together. I went through multi_hover_vrpn.launch and multi_waypoint_vrpn.launch. However in both cases, we are separately required to give waypoints/ goal coordinates to each quadrotor. I wish to give commands to only one crazyflie. The other one should be following it (get the same waypoints given to first but after a delay of say 5 seconds). Is there any way this can be done? Please guide me.
Thanking you in advance.
arnaud
Bitcraze

Re: Communication between 2 crazyflies

Post by arnaud »

Hi,

To send commands between Crazyflie you will have to modify the Crazyflie 2.0 nRF radio firmware: the Crazyflie 2.0 radio implementation is currently designed to listen for commands from the ground. In order to send commands between Crazyflies you will need to implement a way to send a packet from Crazyflie 2.0. This is possible hardware-wise but has not been implemented so far.

If you have a fixed use case, like the one you just described, you could otherwise send a broadcast packet and have one of the crazyflie executing the command right away and the second keeping it in memory for 5 seconds before executing it. It will still requires you to write custom code (like custom commander packets, both in the Crazyflie and in ROS) but it might be easier than modifying the nRF radio handling.