[SOLVED] 50 % more on my bill with shipping and taxes

Discussions about all things Bitcraze
Mitteau
Expert

[SOLVED] 50 % more on my bill with shipping and taxes

Post by Mitteau »

I am very, very angry. I bought a new cf2 and some accessories for an amount of 250 $ approximatively. But I have been charged of nearly 60 $ for shipping, then 33% income tax in France and details for an amount of 69 €. It is not possible, I will not buy now in Bitcraze shop. Sincerely yours, Jean-Claude
Last edited by Mitteau on Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
marcus
Bitcraze

Re: 50 % more on my bill with shipping and taxes

Post by marcus »

Hi Jean-Claude,

I am sorry that this caused problems for you. When you buy from the Bitcraze store the goods are sent from Hong Kong. This means that when it arrives in France it is subject to VAT plus potential import duties (as stated when ordering). Unfortunately the shipping for the Crazyflie 2.0 is a bit expensive, since it contains Lithium polymer batteries it needs to be shipped with DHL and cannot be handled by Hong Kong Post (the cheaper alternative). But $60 sounds a bit thigh, in this case I would expect it to be somewhere between $40-50.

If you would like to order more parts then please have a look at the list of our European distributors. Since they have already imported the products in Europe, the VAT and potential duties are already added: https://www.bitcraze.io/distributors/#continent5

Best regards,
Marcus
Mitteau
Expert

Post by Mitteau »

Not really a problem, since the product is fascinating!
European distributors are not always at the top and Amazon looks as costly than DHL way.
Yours
Jean-Claude
Mitteau
Expert

Post by Mitteau »

Hi
I found swedish https://www.electrokit.com/en?currency=EUR...
Jean-Claude
arnaud
Bitcraze

Re: [SOLVED] 50 % more on my bill with shipping and taxes

Post by arnaud »

Electrokit is actually really close from the Bitcraze office, this is where we are bicycling when we need electronics :-).
wiebeclark
Beginner

Post by wiebeclark »

You should have informed yourself about the tax before making the purchase. So I don't think that you have to blame Bitcraze shop. So be more careful next time. Did you guys ever think about purchasing goods from China and reselling them in Europe or the USA? Personally, I spoke with the guys from https://www.mcgeewm.com/investment-mana ... al-advisor , who told me that the idea is good and can be pretty profitable. What about you? What do you think about this? If someone is interested in chatting, feel free to text me.
zackyums
Beginner

Post by zackyums »

How did this story end in the end? Does anyone have a sequel? :)