Controlling Crazyflie 2.0 with hand gestures using Kinect (ZMQ)

Discussions about all things Bitcraze
georgo
Beginner

Controlling Crazyflie 2.0 with hand gestures using Kinect (ZMQ)

Post by georgo »

I am new to forums so please ignore any mistakes, and also I am just making this forum so that people can point me in the right direction. I am trying to control Crazyflie 2.0 with hand gestures with the use of Kinect, this is my final year project and I am really struggling any help would be highly appreciated. I currently have the Crazyflie Virtual-Machine. I have been advised from bitcraze :

"If you 'just' want to replace a gamepad by hand-control using kinect, you can send control input to the Crazyflie client using ZeroMQ: https://wiki.bitcraze.io/doc:crazyflie: ... put_device. Using the "Teacher (RP)" of the client input mux you can even have one input device responsible of thrust and yaw and another one responsible of roll/pitch. This can allow you to have the kinect controlling thrust and a regular gamepad roll/pitch."

The few questions I have is:
first of all how can i make Kinect recognise my hand gestures.Like using what.
How do I enable ZMQ into Crazyflie client.

Just little as what to search or research would be useful, Thank you for your time.
PS This is for my Final year project.
arnaud
Bitcraze

Re: Controlling Crazyflie 2.0 with hand gestures using Kinect (ZMQ)

Post by arnaud »

For recognising the hand with a kinect I have no answer, I would guess this is something that has been done before so you might be able to find resources online.

For Zeromq input, the documentation you are linking explains how to enable it in the configuration file. You can then select zmq as an input device. We have an example that shows how to send zeromq input messages from python: https://github.com/bitcraze/crazyflie-c ... ntinput.py. This can be generalized to any language that has a ZMQ binding.