Problems building in Eclipse in VM

Discussions about all things Bitcraze
JPilon
Beginner

Problems building in Eclipse in VM

Post by JPilon »

Hi,

I am using the Crazyflie technologie for the first time, and I wanted to see the source code for the crazyflie firmware. I have followed the instruction for the installation of the Virtual Machine, did all the updates, etc. I am now facing a problem when using Eclipse in the Virtual Machine.

When I choose the project called crazyflie-firmware, I change de definition of the SYS_LED to LED_GREEN_R. Then, when I build the project, I get multiple errors all following the same structure (i.e. The type led_t can not be resolved). If I do a code_analysis of the entire project, I get 45 000+ errors. As shown below.

However, when I build the project, everything seems to work fine. I obtain the following result.

I have looked around to see if this problem was experienced by other users, but I see no such topic.

Is there a configuration in Eclipse that I have done wrong or is there a way to properly build the project so that these errors do not appear. In the future, this could become confusing, because if I do modifications and create an error, I would have difficulties finding it.

Thank you for your time and support,

Jeremie Pilon
Attachments
result_code_analysis.jpg
result_build.jpg
tobias
Bitcraze

Re: Problems building in Eclipse in VM

Post by tobias »

I don't think the code analysis has been setup. Could explain all the errors. I don't think it is that easy to setup either since we use an external makefile.
JPilon
Beginner

Post by JPilon »

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I understand for the code analysis. But these errors still appear if I do not run a code analysis. For instance, if I decide to change a parameter in a file (the sys_led is a good example), I will have errors such as (type led_t could not resolve). But, when I build (make file), everything seems normal.

My question is , if I do make a coding mistake, lets say I set the sys_led to blah_green, will I be able to know there is a mistake, or will the error disappear in all the (could not resolve issues).

Thanks again,

Jeremie Pilon
arnaud
Bitcraze

Post by arnaud »

Hi,

Currently, in Eclipse, the only way to know that you have made a mistake is to compile (make) the project and the compiler will tell you that you did something wrong (including what and where).

/Arnaud
NickCong
Beginner

Post by NickCong »

Hi
I also meet the same problem,when i entry to the led.c and other .c file in the drives/src,the Eclipse appear the same problem that Symbol..... could not be resloved.
do you have solved the problem?