CF2 has severe attitude drift

Discussions about all things Bitcraze
doctorlu
Beginner

CF2 has severe attitude drift

Post by doctorlu »

Dear all,
I use python client and newest CF2 firmware. However, the attitude has severe drift even if it lands on the ground without flying, especially negative pitch and roll as shown in the python client. CF2 already stays put but the pitch and roll extremely-slowly converges to zero. I thought it may be the calibration problem, but it passes self-test each time. Could anyone help me with this?
arnaud
Bitcraze

Re: CF2 has severe attitude drift

Post by arnaud »

Hi,

does that happen after a crash or directly at startup? Also are you using the released firmware or are you compiling from git?

/Arnaud
doctorlu
Beginner

Post by doctorlu »

We have two CF2s, both of which have the same problem. Also, we use self-complied firmware from git, AND released firmware, to try, and the problem still exists. The problem happens at startup, before flying; I hold it and swing it, and it exhibits severe roll and pitch drift both on negetive direction. Then, it slowly returns to normal (zero for pitch and roll). During flying, it shows immediate drift to the negative roll and pitch direction, we can only avoid it by controlling the joystick on opporsite direction, to make it stablize.
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

It could be a vibration problem or weight problem. Please have a look here.

Do you experience any of the propellers to be very unbalanced?
doctorlu
Beginner

Post by doctorlu »

Thanks for your suggestion! It is indeed the prop problem. We crashed them both several times, the rotator is tilted slightly. We coordinate the rotator which makes it work fine.