Problem after uploading the firmware

Discussions about all things Bitcraze
Acktarus
Beginner

Re: Problem after uploading the firmware

Post by Acktarus »

Concerning the firmware, I just followed the link in the "getting started" section. I flashed it a second time, with a fresh download (see above).

About the bootloader: this is strange because it is suppose to be close. I mean, I did the flashing , then click on "restart in firmware", then close the bootload window, then try to connect, and here I saw radio://0/2/2M.

The first time I flashed the firmware, the drone didn't reboot well. But this time, it does. The motor spin up with green LED. But then it stop on the state describer in my message above.

For the button: I clearly feel the "click" when I push on it. However, it still doesn't seem to do something. The drone is suppose to be switched off when I push the button, whatever its state? Because then, it doesn't work.
Acktarus
Beginner

Post by Acktarus »

I don't know the kind of magic it uses, but I re-flashed it for the third time, and now the crazy copter is working. The power-on button is also working well now... strange but yeah.!

Now, I have some issue with the crazy radio. After some time ( like 1 min), I lost the connection. I try to connect again but then, I receive a very big error message. what does it mean? After that, I cannot get back the radio, it is like "under use" (see attachment). I have to restart my computer, which is not really funny^^. Is there any way to reboot the dongle without switching off the computer (so the USB port I guess)? If I restart only the virtual machin, then the dongle no longer appears in the Device/USB tab.

I suppose that, inside, it is better to use the 1M wideband. About the radio://0/number/250k, the number is the channel the dongle uses? is it the same number than the "channel" option we can set in the connect/configure 1.0 ? What is the difference between configure 1.0 and 2.0? (2.0 is not available here)

So many questions, sorry.
Attachments
Crazyradio-bug.png
whoenig
Expert

Post by whoenig »

You can unplug and replug the Crazyradio, which might get around the issue. I personally have not seen this error before. I would suggest installing the client natively rather than in a VM - at least for flying etc. You can still use the VM if you want to work on firmware changes.

For inside use I suggest using the 2M speed. The number is the channel - it is the frequency from the 2.4 GHz base, so channel 15 would be 2415 Mhz frequency.

The configuration of the Crazyflie 2.0 can only be done after you are connected. Otherwise, the configuration options are the same compared to the CF 1.
Acktarus
Beginner

Post by Acktarus »

When I try to plug and un-plug it, the dongle becomes "invisible" for the VM. I have to reboot my laptop if I want to get the dongle working again. I have a macbook pro with the Captain OS. I set the VM in Captain as well, I don't know if this could be a problem.

I will instal the client natively and see if the problem is still there.

Ok thks, I will use a sniffer to check which wifi channel is not "crowded" here.

Also, when I try to change the mapping of my pad (for exemple, I load PS4 model 2, make few modifications, change the name then save it) , the configuration doesn't appear when I try to select it in the input_device/mapping section. There is no scroll-bar menu, so I cannot see all the available mapping.
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

That is an problem we have seen with latest version of virtual box. This should have been fixed though. Are you running the latest cfclient?

You will find instructions on how to set channels for CF2 here.