Please help me get this thing working!

Discussions about all things Bitcraze
proplane64
Beginner

Please help me get this thing working!

Post by proplane64 »

"thing" = crazyradoi/flie/controllers/gamepads/etc - none of the wikis/forum posts help . the virtual machine (the ONLY method given to get the Cradio working) DOES NOT WORK!

ive spent a combined total of about 3 days worth now (96 hrs!) to no avail.. the ONLY thing that works is android client to fly the Flie using the circle thumbpads - the WORST way of all the methods given its difficulty of handling.

i tried all the other methods but then broke down before i bought the Cradio .. plugged it into my win7 pc, detected it, couldn't find drivers so failed - the drivers are impossible to find ANYWHERE despite numerous references to files that Don't exist!

this is so mind numbing -- what i thought would be a fun project has turned out to be similar to what i imagine were the nazi death camp experiments.

please some1 HELP!
Technogen
Beginner

Re: Please help me get this thing working!

Post by Technogen »

Open Oracle VM Virtualbox then - Settings - USB - Enable USB controller - USB 2.0 - Bitcraze CrazyRadio (PA) and what ever controller you're using - Ok and start the virtual machine.

After VM starts run "Update all projects" after that runs launch the client, turn on the drone, chose the radio up top and hit connect and you should be good to go.

If you're still having issues click on devices up top and make sure it sees the PA.

I've found that connecting it directly to the system is better than via usb extension.
Mitteau
Expert

Post by Mitteau »

Hi
VM machine is not really necessary. As for myself, I use direct installation and compilations in my personnal directory (Unix ~/).
Regards
Jean-Claude
proplane64
Beginner

Post by proplane64 »

Thank you for the response, Mitteau and Technogen. Unfortunately, Technogen, I can't run your suggested steps yet as I can't even import the OVA file yet... Trying to import the OVA file results in this error each time:

Could not create the imported medium 'C:\Users\l3\VirtualBox VMs\Bitcraze VM 0.8\Bitcraze VM 0.8-disk1.vmdk' (VERR_ZIP_ERROR).
Result Code:
VBOX_E_FILE_ERROR (0x80BB0004)
Component:
ApplianceWrap
Interface:
IAppliance {8398f026-4add-4474-5bc3-2f9f2140b23e}

Any ideas?
proplane64
Beginner

Post by proplane64 »

Just used VMWare Workstation 12 Player to open the OVA file. VMWare complained and told me that I needed to move the IDE CDROM drive from ide0:1 to ide0:0 or it wouldn't boot. I did so then booted with the following result which does NOT look promising:

proplane64
Beginner

Post by proplane64 »

FINALLY got the VM working with xbox 360 controller... a mind numbingly painful 2 months.