Crazyflie 2.0 Model/STL files

Discussions about all things Bitcraze
bobby_d
Beginner

Crazyflie 2.0 Model/STL files

Post by bobby_d »

Hello Forums!

I am relatively new to the Crazyflie 2.0 and am looking to 3D print a custom part for it. I have found a lot of support for this sort of thing (i.e. STL files and the KiCAD project) for the Crazyflie "1.0" however I have not found any such support for the 2.0 (I'm assuming because it is so new). I was therefore hoping someone could point me in the right direction to CAD files, STL files, or even just detailed schematics of the CF 2.0

In case it is relevant I am particularly interested in the wing/motor mount design.

Thanks!
chad
Expert

Re: Crazyflie 2.0 Model/STL files

Post by chad »

I would have expected to see them on a branch of the bitcraze-mechanics repository on GitHub, but since there's no branch there, I'm wondering if the Bitcraze crew just haven't had time to get them checked in yet...
Crazyflier - my CF journal...
4x Crazyflie Nano (1.0) 10-DOF + NeoPixel Ring mod.
3x Crazyflie 2.0 + Qi Charger and LED Decks.
Raspberry Pi Ground Control.
Mac OS X Dev Environment.
Walkera Devo7e, ESky ET6I, PS3 and iOS Controllers.
bobby_d
Beginner

Post by bobby_d »

I agree chad thats most likely it. I believe schematics exist out there...I am just wondering if they have yet to be released and if so how I can get my hands on them!
arnaud
Bitcraze

Post by arnaud »

Hi,

We have not yet pushed the manufacturing files but we are working on it. If you are interested in the board shape it is to-scale in the expansion board template: https://github.com/bitcraze/crazyflie2- ... lectronics
bobby_d
Beginner

Post by bobby_d »

Great, thanks. I'll try to use these and await the more detailed models to come out!
stefano2015
Beginner

Post by stefano2015 »

Super, I'm searching for schematics too!
almaz_1c

Post by almaz_1c »

Hello! Is there crazyflie 2.0 motor support 3D model available to little bit modify it and manufacture it on 3D printer? I need distance sensor to be mounted on crazyflie 2.0.
Bhalpin47
Beginner

Post by Bhalpin47 »

Any updates on the availability of models for the crazyflie 2.0 motor mounts? Looking to print some spares and maybe make some customized versions but would like to get the dimensions just right from an existing model.
er1c
Beginner

Post by er1c »

Thought I'd share again :)

Here's a sketchup model of the crazyflie 2.0 I've been working up for a 3D printed frame design of mine. The board shape is accurate (based on the board online in the repository), the electronic bits on the board are based on my rough measurements, and only those bits that are close to the perimeter are modeled (as only those were important to my design). The motor mounts / feets are also only roughly modeled (not 100% accurate and not ready-for-print)

The overall model should be accurate enough for anyone wanting to use it as a reference for designing frames / add-ons though.

Can someone help upload this to the bitcraze-mechanics repository? I can't figure out how to use GitHub haha...

edit: revised model available - see 22May post with attachment 'cf2_model_revB.zip'
Attachments
cf2_model.zip
superseded- see 22nd May post
(281.07 KiB) Downloaded 678 times
Last edited by er1c on Sun May 22, 2016 3:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
marcus
Bitcraze

Post by marcus »

er1c wrote:Thought I'd share again :)

Here's a sketchup model of the crazyflie 2.0 I've been working up for a 3D printed frame design of mine. The board shape is accurate (based on the board online in the repository), the electronic bits on the board are based on my rough measurements, and only those bits that are close to the perimeter are modeled (as only those were important to my design). The motor mounts / feets are also only roughly modeled (not 100% accurate and not ready-for-print)

The overall model should be accurate enough for anyone wanting to use it as a reference for designing frames / add-ons though.

Can someone help upload this to the bitcraze-mechanics repository? I can't figure out how to use GitHub haha...
Hi er1c,

Great work on the model!! I'll upload it to the repository and credit you for it. Any chance you could generate a STEP or DXF file for people that do not have access to SketchUP?

Edit: It's now available from the bitcraze-mechanics repository (direct link)