Longer male deck connector

Discussions about all things Bitcraze
chopin
Beginner

Longer male deck connector

Post by chopin »

Hello,
We are in need of longer male deck connectors (https://store.bitcraze.io/collections/s ... -connector)
The short ones are 10mm long, and the long ones are 14mm. We are looking for deck connectors which are about 19-20mm in length.
Did anyone find something like that? Even if the spacing between the pins is not as in the Crazyflie male deck connector (2mm), we can try pulling them out and inserting them into our existing female deck connector.
Alternatively, does someone know what is the name of this product? Because "pin headers" is too general, and "expansion deck connector" is way too specific...

Thanks a lot!
chopin
Beginner

Re: Longer male deck connector

Post by chopin »

Any help, please?
kimberly
Bitcraze

Post by kimberly »

it's not great to find these, since there are several names for these. Pin pitch headers, male pin headers. If you would google 'pin strip male pin header pitch 2 mm', you are usually being referred to the Digikey or mouser websites that have these, where you can also search on length.

Let us know if this puts you in the right direction.
kylixz
Beginner

Post by kylixz »

I know I am way late on this thread but I just ordered some Samtec MTMM-110-15-T-S-700 header pins To try to stack a variety of decks on the Bolt.

Are there any longer options out there? Having trouble finding anything.

Thanks!
arnaud
Bitcraze

Post by arnaud »

I am not sure how long are the pin you found, but we are now selling longer pins since this thread was started: https://store.bitcraze.io/collections/s ... -connector.
kylixz
Beginner

Post by kylixz »

Arnaud,

Thanks -- I ordered a few custom from some shops that are a bit longer to try out. Working through a 18650 build with the Bolt and want to stack the AI Deck and multi ranger ontop.

Will let you know if they work out!