[SOLVED] Recommendations with Flow deck

Discussions about autonomous flight in general, regardless of positioning method
santiagorg2401

[SOLVED] Recommendations with Flow deck

Post by santiagorg2401 »

Hi,
I know that in order to flow deck to work properly, it needs a very texture rich surface, with my team, we are designing a mat ourselves (because we couldn't get one with the desired measures), but I am uncertain if it is suitable for the flow deck to work well, I attach here a .pdf with the image on top of the mat, do you think it is good enough?, or could you please give me recommendations?
Thank you all in advance.
Attachments
Mesa de trabajo 1.pdf
(395.38 KiB) Downloaded 148 times
Last edited by santiagorg2401 on Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
kimberly
Bitcraze

Re: Recommendations with Flow deck

Post by kimberly »

Hi!

So its good that there is not any big black parts in it, which is something that the Flowdeck can not handle. However, I wonder if this won't induce any aliasing problems if it is flying on a high height... A checkerboard pattern is usually not advised.

It is better to have natural texture like a brick ground or woden floor, or even better a childern mat. Maybe something like this that you copy past until the right size?
wydmynd

Post by wydmynd »

if you have access to a print shop, it might be simpler/cheaper to print something like this . works well in the correct scale. use high contrast.
https://medialoot.com/blog/seamless-rock-textures/
santiagorg2401

Post by santiagorg2401 »

Hi,
Sorry for the late answering, I did not receive the notification that usually is made when someone replies a trend, I will take into account the recommendations that you gave me, thank you