Autonomous flight using LPS instead Motion Capture System?

Discussions about autonomous flight in general, regardless of positioning method
santiagorg2401

Autonomous flight using LPS instead Motion Capture System?

Post by santiagorg2401 »

Hi everybody, I hope you have a nice day.

In our Robotics lab at Universidad Autónoma de Occidente in Colombia, we recently bought 10 Crazyflies 2.1 with 8 LPS nodes and 10 LPS decks, also 3 Crazyradios PA 2.4 Ghz, we actually work on a project with this drones and we need to flight them autonomously with LPS, but I could not get documentation about flying autonomusly using LPS, just a couple of videos on the Bitcraze Youtube channel, so, how can I get those drones flying autonomusly using LPS instead Motion Capture System (MCS)?

Greetings,
Santiago.
gabrielalima
Beginner

Re: Autonomous flight using LPS instead Motion Capture System?

Post by gabrielalima »

Hi Santiago,

My situation is more or less like yours. But I have only 4 CF 2.0.

Have you ever messed with them? Did you take a test?

Recommends that the first thing you do is install the library: https://github.com/bitcraze/crazyflie-lib-python

And also Cfclient: https://github.com/bitcraze/crazyflie-clients-python

I set up my LPS system through Cfclient.

After that, you'll find that Crazyflie's library has several examples ready. Just one drone flight, swarm, trajectories ... Through the examples you will adapt to your situation.

A note that was valid for me: it works on Windows. But performance on Linux is better.

Gabriela
santiagorg2401

Re: Autonomous flight using LPS instead Motion Capture System?

Post by santiagorg2401 »

Hi Gabriela,
Sorry for late answering

I already installed Cflib and Cfclient, but I have doubts about how to flight them with a Python Code using LPS, have you ever got that?