[SOLVED] Swarm with loco position Tdoa2 - crash

Discussions about autonomous flight in general, regardless of positioning method
faria
Beginner

[SOLVED] Swarm with loco position Tdoa2 - crash

Post by faria »

Hi,

I want to create a swarm sequence with 3 crazyflie using loco position. I use the python script hl-commander-swarm.py for test. My steps:

1- I tested with cfclient to verify the position (its correct) - i made the verification for each drone
2 - I tested individually the script (using only one drone). No problem. Perfect location, perfect flight, perfect take off and land.
3 - Used the script with 2 drone. I have always the same problem, one realize a perfect mission, but the second realize always a crash.

I lost several several props.

I change the radio link.
'radio://0/79/2M/E7E7E7E7E3',
#'radio://0/81/2M/E7E7E7E7E5',
'radio://0/80/2M/E7E7E7E7E8',

What is the reason? Do you have other swarm example with loco position? I am using the last firware, etc. I tried everything but now i dont other suggestions.
arnaud
Bitcraze

Re: Swarm with loco position Tdoa2 - crash

Post by arnaud »

Hi,

Are you sure you are in TDoA2 mode and not in TWR?

One thing you could test is to have one Crazyflie flying the sequence and the two other switched-on on the side. This would verify if the problem comes from the localisation or from something else.

One note for the radio links: the best is to keep all Crazyflie that share one radio on the same radio channel, so in your case this would be a better setup:
'radio://0/80/2M/E7E7E7E7E3',
'radio://0/80/2M/E7E7E7E7E5',

Also, at 2M the radio occupies 2 channels, so if you later add new radio the channels should be spaced by at least 2 but we usually space them by 5 or 10 to limit any chance of interference.
faria
Beginner

Post by faria »

Thanks a lot Arnaud

Sorry the delay, but i tried all your suggestions.

1 - I confirm that i am using TDoa2

2 - Change radio configurations
'radio://0/80/2M/E7E7E7E7E3',
'radio://0/80/2M/E7E7E7E7E5',

3 - I tested the sequence with one drone and two drone twiched-on on the ground. I have no problem with the sequence (one drone).

The script .\hl-commander-swarm.py is work fine right? Or do you have other suggestins? scf.cf.param.set_value('stabilizer.controller', '1') is right?

Thanks a lot
Attachments
TDoa2_crazyflie.png
faria
Beginner

Post by faria »

Hi Again,

After your test i made the sequence with 2 CFs and 3 CFs. Work perfectly.

Thanks a lot Arnaud. I believe the error is the radio configuration.