Trajectory tracking with Qualisys and Mellinger controller

Discussions about autonomous flight in general, regardless of positioning method
morsingher
Beginner

Trajectory tracking with Qualisys and Mellinger controller

Post by morsingher »

Hi everyone,

I'm working on autonomous trajectory tracking with the Crazyflie 2.0 and I don't really know where to start, therefore I'm asking for some advices.

I want to use the Mellinger controller since I'm supposed to perform aggressive trajectories and it's well suited for this application. The position of the drone is measured by a Qualisys motion capture system, while the trajectory is generated offline and stored in a text file. The workflow that I have in mind is that the measurements and the reference are both sent from my PC to the Crazyflie 2.0 through the Crazyradio, but I don't know how I should structure the message in order to make it fit to the Mellinger controller's needs.

Did some of you already work on a similar setting? Can you give me some hints or examples on how to make this work? Maybe these tasks are already implemented in the Python client or the ROS bridge. Thank you in advance,

Marco.
whoenig
Expert

Re: Trajectory tracking with Qualisys and Mellinger controller

Post by whoenig »

Both crazyflie_ros and the crazyswarm support executing a pre-loaded trajectory (you can upload your trajectory while the CF is on the ground), see https://github.com/USC-ACTLab/crazyswar ... re8_csv.py for an example script. It assumes that your trajectory is an 8th-order polynomial for x,y,z, and yaw.